Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 1/2 inch spacers

Old 12-02-2011, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 1/2 inch spacers

Hey, all, I have purchased 1/2 inch teraflex spacers for the rear. they come with spring guides which was my main reason for purchasing. My question is, if I install these, do I install them with the original guide/spacer in place or not. They look like a complete replacement but if I remove the originals then I don't think there is any lift at all. I do want the half inch lift. Has anyone installed these? and if so how is it done?
Old 12-02-2011, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I installed my 3" TF lift I put the original spring guide on top of the spring first in between the TF guide. The instructions for doing the TF leveling kit that I had actually said to do this.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:37 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Go down to the write-ups area, you will find an index at the top. Plenty of good lift installs there to look through. But basically, you lift a corner, disconnect some stuff, pull the coil out, put the spacer on top, re-install the coil/spacer, re-connect what you disconnected, then move to the next corner. Not a bad idea to loosen the control arm bolts when you start, and tighten them after you are done and the vehicle is on the ground. (this helps prevent them from binding in the wrong position).

For whether or not to use the stock isolators - depends on how level you are front to back, and what size spacer they are. 1/4"? Shouldn't be a problem having it on top of the 1/2" tf spacer. But a single 3/4" spacer would be better.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

yes but do you install it with the original pieces in place or remove the originals? The new ones are half an inch. I have found nothing for installing the terraflex half inch spacers.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remove the originals, install the TeraFlex spacers then you can install the originals if you want.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Remove the originals, install the TeraFlex spacers then you can install the originals if you want.
gotcha, the originals go on top of the teraflex. Without the originals, it does not add any lift? Should I have purchased the 1 inchers so I don't have to install the originals?
Old 12-02-2011, 01:59 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Cobalt
yes but do you install it with the original pieces in place or remove the originals? The new ones are half an inch.
Depends on whether you are level or not.

I have found nothing for installing the terraflex half inch spacers.
The brand doesn't matter, you will use the exact same steps regardless of mfg or spacer size. Any of the lift write-ups will give you the steps, and most even include pics.

Should I have purchased the 1 inchers so I don't have to install the originals?
Single spacers are better than stacking, but two small spacers should not cause any issues at all. If you can return them and just pay the difference for taller spacers, go for it. If you get hit with restocking fees or anything, keep what you have.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cobalt
gotcha, the originals go on top of the teraflex. Without the originals, it does not add any lift? Should I have purchased the 1 inchers so I don't have to install the originals?
No the originals go under the TF and on top of the spring.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by jm102602
No the originals go under the TF and on top of the spring.
Their rear spacers have a 2" coil guide sticking out of them, the stock isolator goes on top.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Their rear spacers have a 2" coil guide sticking out of them, the stock isolator goes on top.
Here is instructions for their leveling kit with a 1" spacer if it is the same setup for a 1/2" spacer then it would go under the TF guide

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/119314.pdf

Quick Reply: Teraflex 1/2 inch spacers