Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

teraflex = rough country!!!???

Old 01-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It would be really nice if Aftermarket companies had full disclosure on all the products they make and the onyl way that is going to happen is if you the consumer demand it.

For example Teraflex probably has things made in USA, China , Singapore , Mexico ect . It would be very nice if every product was labeled that way.

ARB for instance is made in the USA , Australia and singapore and all the products are clearly marked.

You almost have to assume if it does not have a Made in the USA sticker on the box it is not made in the USA.

But history shows most and I said Most not all customers usually look at price over anything.

There you go flame suit on!

David
Old 01-06-2011, 09:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raginbull
At the end of the day, TF & RC are like condoms. Some prefer Trojans, others prefer Lifestyle.

All you really need is for them to perform when being used. Condoms protect and hold your man juice, but yet even the best will pop/rip and holy mother of god.
are you suggesting I double up on my lift and use TF and RC??
Old 01-06-2011, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't speak to RC, but I have a lot of experience with TF products and the quality and design are top tier.

Almost all shocks and coils are made by a handful of manufacturers in the world. They're made uniquely to meet customer's individual specifications.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by finnd1
:rotfl mao2:
Old 01-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes, but which one do you put on first? Rough or Flex? If i turn the rough one inside out is it better for me?
Old 01-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Eternal ***erator

I am kidding of course.

While i wholeheartedly agree with buying US whenever possible, It simply is NOT feasible to do it all the time. My Jeep certainly isnt all US made. I would guess well over half of it is made from bits and pieces of steel, plastic, rubber, circuitry etc. made from every corner of the world.

disclosure would be awesome, but the reality of it is that we live in a global economy now; like it or not.

The suspension that CAME on the jeep for all I know was made in the same factory as half the aftermarket stuff.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverJK12
With all due respect. I love teraflex. I have the 4 inch with arms. But I was also told by your vendors and I quote "teraflex is made in china. Jks is USA made". I have also owned RC before my teraflex. So why this statement. So where is it made, produced?
Many TeraFlex product is made here in the USA and abroad. Also just because something has a Made in USA sticker on it, doesn't mean it 100% Made in USA , just like your JK.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
yes, but which one do you put on first? Rough or Flex? If i turn the rough one inside out is it better for me?
I would imagine, as I want to limit flex, that would go on first, though normally I am for the inside out theory for the ribbed, uh, rough.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Matador
i'm running RC 3.5" with dual SS.....I like it and best part about it....they stand behind their product!!!!

Attachment 115542Attachment 115543Attachment 115544
2X on this

All that matters is that your lift works for you.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:12 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Many TeraFlex product is made here in the USA and abroad. Also just because something has a Made in USA sticker on it, doesn't mean it 100% Made in USA , just like your JK.
Exactly....

Is “Made in the USA” Truly American?
It’s hard enough these days to find things that are actually made in the USA. With so many products being made overseas (Taiwan, Hong Kong, Brazil), trying to find an authentically “American” product can be like finding a needle in a haystack. However, due to our own laws, it’s even more difficult than the average person can imagine.

It may sound unbelievable, but the federal government had to pass a law in order to determine which products sold in the US can actually be labeled as being “Made in the USA”. Made in the USA sounds like a basic concept: if something was made in the United States, can’t a “Made in the USA” label just be stuck on it? Ah, not so fast. According to the Federal Trade Commission, there are certain standards that an item must meet before it can proudly wear the label “Made in the USA”. (continued below)

The first, and often most confusing, standard is the part of the law that states “’all or virtually all’ of the product must be made in the United States.” (www.ftc.gov). But, what does this really mean? This is not easy to define, since the FTC, itself says, [it] “means that all significant parts and processing that go into the product must be of U.S. origin. That is, the product should contain no — or negligible — foreign content.” There’s no exact amount—no percentage stipulated in the law that deems an item “Made in the USA”. Why such a broad standard? This is probably due to the fact that if the FTC only put the Made in the USA labels only on products made of materials and constructed only from the United States, there would be almost nothing on the market that is “Made in the USA.” Therefore, there has to be some flexibility in the rules.

Manufactures have to consider things such as where the bulk of the item, or the primary parts were made before putting the Made in the USA label on their product. This is not the only factor, though. Where the product was assembled is also a factor that plays into the country of origin listing. It can be confusing, and product makers really need to do careful investigating into the origin of parts that go on a completed item. (continued below)

The FTC, while broad in its standards, does have the intent on protecting the consumer from false claims of Made in the USA products. Especially since September 11, 2001, when more people have become aware of their patriotism and devotion to all things American, the people of the US want to be assured that if they are going to go out of their way to buy products with the label of Made in the USA on it, that they are getting what they pay for.

However, it should also be made more clear by the government what Made in the USA really means as the majority of citizens probably aren’t even aware of how small a percentage of a product can be to be deemed “Made in the USA”.

Last edited by mkjeep; 01-06-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Quick Reply: teraflex = rough country!!!???