Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

teraflex = rough country!!!???

Old 01-06-2011, 03:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At the end of the day, TF & RC are like condoms. Some prefer Trojans, others prefer Lifestyle.

All you really need is for them to perform when being used. Condoms protect and hold your man juice, but yet even the best will pop/rip and holy mother of god.

It all comes down to personal opinions and use.

Just my $.02!

I am running a 4 inch Rancho Sport with Bilstein 5100's and these ARE THE BESTEST!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:05 AM
JK Super Freak

i'm running RC 3.5" with dual SS.....I like it and best part about it....they stand behind their product!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hamilton 2-20110104-00157.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	115542Click image for larger version

Name:	Hamilton 2-20110104-00154.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	115543Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00191-20100925-1326..jpg
Views:	139
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	115544
Old 01-06-2011, 05:14 AM
JK Freak

I agree with Jennekin. What does it really matter as long as you are happy with what you have. I put a R/C 2.5 on my 2009 and it worked great for the whole time I had it. I put a Teraflex on my 2011 and it is great so far. And as for China, having worked a great deal of my life for manufacturing companies and traveled extensively to China, Korea, Viet Nam, Taiwan, etc., I can assure you that what really determines quality out of China is the Quality Inspection teams the particular manufacturer uses there to control quality. It woud amaze you to find how much of the "top rated" electronics products are manufactured in China.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Whether RC parts are manufactured in the same plant as TF is not releven t in my view. Volkswagon parts are made in the same factories as Porches, but you can't compare a Beetle to a Carrera.

There are rigs in my club that use the RC 3.25" lift and love it. There are also rigs that use TF and love it. I agree with previous posters that what matters is are you happy.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jennekin
Everyone that buys Rough Country usually thinks theirs is the best, just as everyone that buys teraflex thinks theirs is the best. That's just everyone trying to justify their purchase. I say who gives a damn, if you're happy with what you bought, keep jeepin', if not buy something else. I'm not going to put down teraflex just because I have a R.C. lift. They both make good gear, even if its by the same company. But both are better than skyjacker......just kidding, not going to go there.
Don't you mean "skycrapper"?
I own skyjacker springs n shocks and the shocks ate now bilstein.
What were we taking about again?
Old 01-06-2011, 07:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
In other news, some companies that make parts for the iPhone also make parts for Android phones!

This thread is ridiculous.
I'm actualy made from two different people!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
In other news, some companies that make parts for the iPhone also make parts for Android phones!

This thread is ridiculous.
I agree.

I heard people that make plastic for the Prius may also supply plastics to Jeep.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
TeraFlex shocks are built to our specs and are not made in china. Also our coils are made to TeraFlex specs and are not rebranded coils.
Note: Lack of "Made in USA" statement.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
TeraFlex shocks are built to our specs and are not made in china. Also our coils are made to TeraFlex specs and are not rebranded coils.
With all due respect. I love teraflex. I have the 4 inch with arms. But I was also told by your vendors and I quote "teraflex is made in china. Jks is USA made". I have also owned RC before my teraflex. So why this statement. So where is it made, produced?
Old 01-06-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by notenuftoys
I have a friend that knows a guy who's brother-in-law's ex-sister-in-law's uncle works in a plant that makes parts for Ford and Mercury. Can you believe that crap?!
Dude . . . really, we are trying to have a serious discussion here. If you are going to make such outlandish claims as that you really should try to back them up with some kind of proof.

Quick Reply: teraflex = rough country!!!???