Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

teraflex = rough country!!!???

Old 01-03-2011, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default teraflex = rough country!!!???

i have a feeling that this will start ome major arguments but today i learned that both teraflex and rough country buy their shocks and coils from the same company! therefore making them almost equal! i test drove 2 jeeps, one with a tf lift and one rc. honestly i could tell no difference and i think rc newest products deserve a better rating than its older gear has earned it
Old 01-03-2011, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

shocks and coils are only a small part of what makes a suspension system. might want to think a bit more about this one...
Old 01-03-2011, 10:12 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

No clue whether or not that is true, but you realize that components are built to different specs, right? You could have one plant making 20 different versions of the same part, all to different specs, and you could have a very significant quality difference between them. Why? Because one company specifies specific materials and will charge more for them, while another may be ok with junk metal and will push their products out the door for prices that are 'too good to be believed'...
Old 01-03-2011, 10:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are they both made in china.... Good food for thought... Why is there WAY more complaints about cheap country? I mean rough country parts breaking!

This is thread is going to get HEATED!!! Stand the F by!!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:20 AM
JK Super Freak

This is kinda like the Gear debate ... there are only 2 or 3 companies making gears ... all overseas.

There are only a few factories that actually make tires as well ..... and each tire company supplies the molds and specs on how they want them produced.

Rough Country specs can be different than TF specs even if made by the same company ... it's all up to how RC and TF place their orders.

Are you saying that the parts are not only purchased from same manufacturer but are actually the same springs and shocks.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Old 01-03-2011, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Who gives a damn

Everyone that buys Rough Country usually thinks theirs is the best, just as everyone that buys teraflex thinks theirs is the best. That's just everyone trying to justify their purchase. I say who gives a damn, if you're happy with what you bought, keep jeepin', if not buy something else. I'm not going to put down teraflex just because I have a R.C. lift. They both make good gear, even if its by the same company. But both are better than skyjacker......just kidding, not going to go there.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jennekin
Everyone that buys Rough Country usually thinks theirs is the best, just as everyone that buys teraflex thinks theirs is the best. That's just everyone trying to justify their purchase. I say who gives a damn, if you're happy with what you bought, keep jeepin', if not buy something else. I'm not going to put down teraflex just because I have a R.C. lift. They both make good gear, even if its by the same company. But both are better than skyjacker......just kidding, not going to go there.
hahaha I am going to have to agree on this one! RC, TERA, are equal cause I had RC before my Tera so they are the best cause thats what I bought! But since I never owned a SKY WACKER lift! I can say they suck!

No seriously, everyone has opinions so make your own opinion instead of listening to others. They all get the job done in the end
Old 01-03-2011, 12:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jennekin
I agree 100% bro! Every manufacturer has an issue with one of their products at some point. I'm sure we've all never heard of a RC spring compressing, a TF trackbar flexing and causing death wobble or a FT bushing that failed... the list goes on and on. Point is that if you are happy with your kit and you feel that you get the support from the company you chose than who cares what everybody is posting. Let you Jeep do the talking out on the trails!
Old 01-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TeraFlex shocks are built to our specs and are not made in china. Also our coils are made to TeraFlex specs and are not rebranded coils.

Quick Reply: teraflex = rough country!!!???