Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

tera flex spare mount.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts
Default tera flex spare mount.

I already had the hinge but needed more space for the 35's. I gotta say pretty impressed with the TF spare adaptor. solid as a rock and about a 10-15 minute install. does seem much stronger then the stock pot metal one.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
I already had the hinge but needed more space for the 35's. I gotta say pretty impressed with the TF spare adaptor. solid as a rock and about a 10-15 minute install. does seem much stronger then the stock pot metal one.
Make sure the supplied clamping bolts for the carrier aren't bottomed out. I had to replace them with grade 8 flanged bolts & nuts to get the clamp fully tightened.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:13 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by SoK66
Make sure the supplied clamping bolts for the carrier aren't bottomed out. I had to replace them with grade 8 flanged bolts & nuts to get the clamp fully tightened.
Are you talking about the two bolts that hold the tube? If so it appears as tight as can be. I reefed on the tire trying to make it move and it is as solid as a rock. I will check it often tho.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
Are you talking about the two bolts that hold the tube? If so it appears as tight as can be. I reefed on the tire trying to make it move and it is as solid as a rock. I will check it often tho.
Yes, the two bolts the squeeze the clamp together to secure the tire mount tube. When fully threaded as far as they could go the ones I received bottomed out before they could tighten the clamp sufficiently to prevent the tire mount moving. I got stronger, flanged shank bolts with more thread and cured the problem.

Quick Reply: tera flex spare mount.