Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

tera flex lifts

Old 03-24-2010, 07:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bean69
backspacers are for running stock wheels temperarily, can I get away without the spacers have to drive 72 miles from south jersey to north jersey to swap out wheels.

front shaft on 4drs??
You will need the spacers if you are going to run stock wheels. The swaybar link bolts will rub on the wheels if you do not run them.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

what fron shaft would u recommend??? i've heard tom woods is good..
Old 03-24-2010, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bean69
what fron shaft would u recommend??? i've heard tom woods is good..
There are many great driveshaft manufacturers out there, and i'm sure many people will offer up their suggestions. Personally, I went with a local shop that custom builds them for the local 4x4 shop. I got a great deal on it, they carry the same type of warranty that the big name companies have...and did I mention they're local...that way I don't have to remove it and ship it somewhere if I was to ever have any problems with it.

That's just my $.02. I'm sure you can't really go wrong as long as you go with a reputable manufacture.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:01 AM
JK Junkie

Im running there 3" coils, shocks, and SS and I like it
Old 03-24-2010, 08:10 AM
JK Freak

I might suggest also getting some Rock Krawler rear spring wedges. They're 10deg wedges that sit on the bottom of the rear spring to help keep spring bow down.

When you lift the spring perch on the axle doesnt' point vertical anymore so the springs bow out. Not a big deal, mine were hitting the track bar bracket.

These are like $25 or so, not a big deal, and helped out.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

thanks for all the suggestions. kit is in the mail can't wait to get and install and wheel with it.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:48 AM
JK Newbie

I installed a 2.5" coil lift last week and am very happy with Teraflex. If I had it all to do over I would have probably gone 3" but you live and learn.

Quick Reply: tera flex lifts