Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tera flex 2.5 coil lift, what do I add to adjust camber

Old 07-15-2012, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tera flex 2.5 coil lift, what do I add to adjust camber

After my Teraflex 2.5 coil lift, I went for an alignment at a pretty modern shop in my pretty rural town outside of Atlanta lol. They said my camber was a bit off (2/10 of a degree) and they had no control to fix that from the stock setup I am running. They said just rotate the tires a bit more frequently say at 4K. What do I do to add camber adjustments (what Teraflex product, as I am very pleased with what I got)? Castor was fine, and they adjusted toe in. I could tell when it was installed that the steering was touchy, but not dangerous. After alignment it was noticeably (if you are a noticing type person) that the steering was more solid and balanced feeling.

Here is my install show and tell:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...s-done-240141/
Old 07-17-2012, 03:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone out there know how to setup camber adjustments, is this a purchase of control arms?
Old 07-17-2012, 08:00 AM
JK Freak

Give Dave at Northridge 4x4 a call. It depends if you have uppers or lowers. He can give u an idea what your Measurement should be hole center to hole center.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can't adjust the camber on a solid axle. If your camber is off, then either the "c" is bent, or the axle housing itself.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:01 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dcharge74
You can't adjust the camber on a solid axle. If your camber is off, then either the "c" is bent, or the axle housing itself.
You might be able to install some adjustable ball joints to get it dialed in correctly.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:59 AM
JK Super Freak

^^^This.

Are you sure that the shop didn't say that it was the *caster* that was off? If not, then Tera's comment about the offset BJ's are pretty much your only option.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks everyone, Yes definantly camber not caster, I have the printout. They did mention adjustable ball joins, maybe there is just wear on the ball joint?
Old 07-18-2012, 07:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Wear on the ball joint is really easy to check. Lift up your front end, even one side at a time and once up have somebody help you by moving the tire up and down by placing something under it as a lever to move it. I used a shovel and had somebody move the tire for me. You can actually see the ball joints from the front of your jeep even with the tires on and you can check for up and down movement of the ball joint. If there is any movement at the top or at the bottom ball joint it means they are bad and need to be replaced. OEM ball joints are known for going bad at various times, sometimes quickly and sometimes at 50K plus miles like my ball joints. I also heard the passenger side usually goes first as in my case but it may be just my situation. There is also a side to side test that can be done to see if you have any lateral movement and this is done by having somebody grab the tire from the sides and moving the tire side to side and you look again for movent at the joint and arm. I was told that just replacing the ball joint will give you back some of the postive camber that you lose when the joint goes bad and the tire goes into negative camber (top of tire leaning in more than bottom part). Adjustable ball joints are also available (not cheap) if you want to make sure you cover yourself and have the adjustability. Good luck getting to the root of your issue.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:13 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

yup, what he said. if the camber isn't too off, you can correct it a bit with offset ball joints but, that'll only be a temporary fix if you don't install some c-gussets at the same time.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok so I read up on the c gussets, is there any easy way for me to inspect them and find if they are bent? What do I do then, just get adjustable ball joints and add the c-gusset sleeve anyway?

Quick Reply: Tera flex 2.5 coil lift, what do I add to adjust camber