Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tera 2.5 bb vs OME 2" kit- height difference

Old 03-09-2013, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lowe516

a little less is ok, just cant be heigher.
Honestly if it is that close it will probably come down to how much your rig actually weighs. With a 2" OME lift on a stock JK you will get around 2.5". If you add metal bumpers, rock rails and winch you are right at 2".
Old 03-09-2013, 05:57 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by lowe516
I currently have a 2.5 budget boost and Im considering changing to a Old man emu 2" kit with sport shocks and Light coils, for a smoother ride.
I have heard different results as far as height goes. My concern is that I don't want any more lift than I currently have. I could stand a little less.
I cant park in my basement with my soft top on, hard top fits barely.
I have a 2-door and the OME lite springs. It was about 3" lift with stock bumpers and no armor, and obviously adding weight reduces the height. With bumpers, rocker knockers and a skid plate it sets at less than 2.5" -- So with an unlimited, I'd bet on slightly less than 2.5".

The ride and flex is great, and the OME shocks have 1" more down travel than stock. Stock control arms, wheels, driveshafts, etc.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the input guys.

Quick Reply: Tera 2.5 bb vs OME 2" kit- height difference