Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

tempory death wobble or wheel spacer problem? NEED HELP!

Old 11-22-2012, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tempory death wobble or wheel spacer problem? NEED HELP!

i came home for the holidays and had to drive to new jersey to pick my brother up from the airport in newark. as my garmin drove me through Oranges, my jeep started wobbling uncontrollably. unfortunately i had to pull over on the corner or Please Dont Shoot Me Dr. and Heres My Money Ave to check it out. i tightened down all the lugs on the rear tires and searched the frames and lift for any missing or loose nuts and bolts- none found. get to the airport and park in the garage to get a better look. cant find anything. finally on the way back home and got that terrible wobble again. had to pull over on the highway, jack the jeep up. take the spacer off the right rear and then got back on my marry way. problem went away but upon inspection of the spacer, theres nothing wrong with it that i can see. now im a little nervous as i have to drive 8 hours back to Va this weekend.

so far no issues but i wanna know what i might be up against so im not stuck up Sh*ts creek without a paddle.
anybody experience a similar issue like this with spacers? or if not spacers, anything else? any help would be GREAT

Quick Reply: tempory death wobble or wheel spacer problem? NEED HELP!