Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

A Teenager Needs Help With His Build!

Old 05-21-2010, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gears

To (partially) answer your question about the parts needed to switch out gears: I was told that gear work should be done by somebody experienced, not a project to tackle on your own. For what that's worth. (I was able to get a set of 4.10s for a great price on here and had them installed by a professional.)

But for the other stuff, as has been said many times over, use the forum for good deals on parts and also for help with your build. You may find deals that are upgrades from stock, but not quite what you wanted that will hold you over for a while till you find the right deal for the right mods later on.

Have fun with it.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

save the money and cut the fenders IMO it looks better and its cheap. all you have to get is door trim moulding (like 20$)
Old 05-21-2010, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by countrydude1992
bump

hey guys. still just a few unanswered questions i have for you

1. for gears and all that, what all do you need? not really going into specifics yet, but, you know. the main stuff.

i know you've gotta have these, for the front and rear.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/52419_95X_C_PG.htm

but what about things like this.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/52419_807.htm

anything else you need? like i said, i dont know much about regearing and all that.

2. axle shafts. how do they help? what is provided by upgrading. what are the good brands.

thanks!! yall have been such a big help!
There's got to be some members that live near you that can recommend a good 4x4 shop. Then go talk to them about regearing. It's definitely not something to tackle yourself. I've done complete engine swaps, but I won't touch gears.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

I would search the net a bit. This is an excellent forum but there are others as well. Search for pics as well, helped me in my build. Good luck
Old 05-21-2010, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

how much wheeling do you really do? i mean why do you HAVE to have 37's? is it for the looks, if so... i would save your money for something else. I remember being 18, worrying about how i was going to pay for college and beer

Quick Reply: A Teenager Needs Help With His Build!