Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Technical Question *Sway Bar Links*

Old 03-28-2008, 02:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Cant say for sure I am suprised you got 4" out of it. Does it sit level?

David
Yes it sits almost level hardly noticeable and I put the spacers that came with the kit in the front. I have Full doors and Hardtop...
Old 03-29-2008, 06:02 AM
JK Newbie

I too have the HD front OME springs on my 4 door. It sits level (almost 4" of lift in the front) and it is too stiff. I have a bumper on order and will add a PowerPlant winch. I hope that will settle it a little bit and soften up some. Unfortunately the bumper won't be ready until mid May.

I added the Currie sway bar links front and rear. If you get them you will have to frill out the holes in the front sway bar, they are a bit too small for the links. The axle mount holes were a bit bigger than the links, I hope they do not cause trouble in the future. So far they do not move around. David, has anyone else had this issue with the Currie links?

Last edited by Don-T; 03-29-2008 at 06:07 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

David, has anyone else had this issue with the Currie links?
Not that I am aware of.

Also for anybody reading this if you go with the HD kit and dont put or dont plan to put bumpers on it will sit tall. If you go with the normal kit you will only get 2.5" of lift out of it. Also the HD kit with bumpers and winch will sti about 2.5-3.25

David
Old 03-29-2008, 11:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Yeah, regardless of HOW you lift to 4"...if you only wanted 2", and bought a kit DESIGNED to run at 2" of lift.....it WILL NOT HAVE the stuff a 4" kit would....you would need to do all the stuff a 4" lift needs if staying at that height, etc.

The oem front links are only 6" long....and, I measured the front anti-sway bar as dead level at stock height with the links on.

The rear links are 9" long....an additional 3" more than the fronts, and can be swapped to the front to relieve some of that tension, leaving you with an inch shy of the 4" lift, but not 4" shy, etc....and no rear links.

But at least if its a temporary situation, driving with no rear links is probably not much of an issue, whereas driving with no front sways makes the rig handle like a 60's era caddy, etc.

My first choice for the front links would be a set of JKS QD's - Northridge sells them for the JK, and they can be adjusted in length, so you can set them for the EXACT length you want, even if you later change your mind, add or subtract height, etc...you never need new front links....

...The JKS ones can cover you from stock height all the way up to 6" of lift, and, I'm guessing, a little more than that if a bit of pick-up at the end link is acceptable, etc.

So - for an unclear/probably variable type lift situation above, that might be any height in that 0-6" lift range...the ADJUSTABLE QD is the perfect one shot solution....you get a link that's ALWAYS the right length, AND the ability to quickly and easily disco to get more front articulation when offroading....

A win-win situ.

For the front at least.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:00 PM
JK Newbie

I just installed a 2" BB and added new front sway bar links. I didnt change out the rear though. My front sway bar is close to level as many post suggest but the rear is no where close. Do I need to get extended rear links to get the sway bar closer to level again or does it really matter?

Quick Reply: Technical Question *Sway Bar Links*