Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Taller Springs vs Spacers

Old 02-08-2010, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taller Springs vs Spacers

I am about to order my LOD bumpers and I know that I am going to get some sag from the extra weight. I started looking at coil spacers to solely make up the height difference I would lose, but then I realized I dont know how much drop I will get. Then that got me thinking about just adding taller springs instead.

I currently have 4" springs so I thought I would just get 6" springs. The added weight would probably compress them about an inch or more then I would be back to my original height. Then I thought that would be stupid because I would probably still get uneven drop from the front to back and end up getting spacers to level it out

At first I was thinking that the taller springs even compressed from the weight would give me more performance than just spacers. That was just an assumption and the cost would be a lot more. Probably the right thing to do would be to stop thinking and just measure the drop after I put the bumpers on. Then order spacers, install them, and be done.

I guess my biggest problem is I have it in my head that spacers are an inferior way to get height as compared to taller coils. Probably because I have never used them....but if I lose 1" all I have to do is order a 1" spacer and I would not be trying to figure out what the coil compression height is at a given weight with springs.

That being said I think I answered my on question and will probably just get spacers

I think subconsciously I am trying to find a way to make it easier to fit 37"s under my jeep if I could only find a D44 front end

Quick Reply: Taller Springs vs Spacers