Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tall riders, seat height

Old 01-12-2012, 03:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tall riders, seat height

Hi,

My problem is, being 6'5", the height of the seat, even completely down in my 2010 Rubicon 4drs, it is still too high, my head touches the soundbar and the visibility is severely reduced. I read in an other thread someone who built a custom seat brackett since there are none in the commercial market, my local shop was willing to help me in building a similar one but at the end they were concerned in the behaviour in case of an accident, so we decideded to wait and see if something new comes out.

Any one has any input in this matter?

Thanks
Old 01-12-2012, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

Im in the same boat. All I can say is the JK is alot better than most vehicles in terms of headroom. But I still have to duck down at traffic lights to watch for them to turn green. Oh well.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:27 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm also 6'5" only my seat doesnt adjust for height.... so that sucks. But one thing I've done to help the visibility thing is to flip the rear view mirror upside down which helps a lot. I just got used to it.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

I wa looking into suspension seats. I have called both Corbeau and MasterCraft, Corbeau uses custom brackets and they tod me that the seats are at the same high as the factory ones (and they said that probably will not fit me well with a 42 waist line). MasterCraft told me that since they use the factory brackets with an adapter, the seats will be actually higherthat the factory ones.

Does anyone has some direct experiences to share with these seats?

Quick Reply: Tall riders, seat height