Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Talk Me Out Of It!...

Old 01-14-2008, 12:30 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was in your same decision perdicament - and here's what I'm leaning towards at this point: Because I don't want to unnecessarily upgrade and re-upgrade, I've decided to buy a Full Traction Long Arm (when available) with 4" springs. I think this will give a good height for 35s and perform excellent - and hopefully keep me from having to replace all my drive shafts. Maybe not. Either way - I plan at this point on getting 35s with some steelies, and then later down the line when I have the cash I'll move up to 37s or 40s and just upgrade the springs to 6" and adjust the lift accordingly.

Thats whats in my head at least...
Old 01-14-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
I was in your same decision perdicament - and here's what I'm leaning towards at this point: Because I don't want to unnecessarily upgrade and re-upgrade, I've decided to buy a Full Traction Long Arm (when available) with 4" springs. I think this will give a good height for 35s and perform excellent - and hopefully keep me from having to replace all my drive shafts. Maybe not. Either way - I plan at this point on getting 35s with some steelies, and then later down the line when I have the cash I'll move up to 37s or 40s and just upgrade the springs to 6" and adjust the lift accordingly.

Thats whats in my head at least...

I had just asked WOL ( he has been awesome!) about the FT LA kit as well, but nobody here (Dallas) has it yet. But that is the route I am planning as well. Which means I'll end up with new gears, driveshafts, so why the hell not the 37's?!

It's too funny. I haven't even started, and I'm already wondering where and when it ends!

But I am loving it!

Thanks again for the attempts to talk me out of it. But so far, you have all failed miserably.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:20 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mmcan

I had just asked WOL ( he has been awesome!) about the FT LA kit as well, but nobody here (Dallas) has it yet. But that is the route I am planning as well. Which means I'll end up with new gears, driveshafts, so why the hell not the 37's?!

It's too funny. I haven't even started, and I'm already wondering where and when it ends!

But I am loving it!

Thanks again for the attempts to talk me out of it. But so far, you have all failed miserably.
Ah..Dallas..I just got back from that hell hole of traffic. Anywho, I completely understand where you're coming from. And yes, the FT LA isn't out yet - which is why nobody has it. A few sites have it listed but its not shipping as of today. Since you have an unlimited, your shafts will probably be alright...although angled to their limits. My 2dr almost has to be changed out with a 3" or greater lift. I'm hoping I can get away with no shafts at first but somehow I think not. The gears can come later with 35s...for sure. 37s, not so much. My 4.10s will suck on 35s but they will work until I can gather the money to upgrade.

Unless I win the lottery, or come into a lot of money, you almost have to build it this way I think - because its just a never ending spiral of money spending once you take the plunge for this caliber of trail performance.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saltman
35s for a 2 dr. 37s for a 4dr.

I would put the 37s on to compensate for the dragging rear.
I agree with this statement. 35 for 2Dr and 37 for 4Dr. I also wanted to fit in my garage. There is riff raff out there robbing JK's and I like to take care of her when I'm not abusing her.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

just buy my 35's and wheels and Ill get some 39.5s
Old 01-14-2008, 01:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Capown
just buy my 35's and wheels and Ill get some 39.5s
But then yours will be bigger.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmcan
But then yours will be bigger.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did the 4" lift with 35"s for now because of the same reason others mentioned. It looks great and wheels great for now. I can always get 37's in the future and upgrade drivelines etc at that time. Besides, untill I can buy the wife a new ride, I had to compromise...she thinks the 35s are too big now.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dizzyliz
37's are very cool- but 35's are just fine for me-

I think with the added inch in the lift (I would imagine you need a 4.5")~
along with the extra inches in the tires would make it more difficult to get in & out of.

Note:
I'm a female that likes to stay clean and wear dresses on occasion.
(A tight pencil skirt and heals poses a major challenge getting into my Jeep in a lady like manner.)
I've learned to shimmy & hop...and when no one is looking, I hike up my skirt.

Sorry Dizzyliz, Don't mean to be a leg humper, but you just gave me a visual that beat the H#ll out of any of those eyeful a day pics
Old 01-14-2008, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
Sorry Dizzyliz, Don't mean to be a leg humper, but you just gave me a visual that beat the H#ll out of any of those eyeful a day pics
Like he said.

And what is a pencil skirt??

Pictures requested.

Quick Reply: Talk Me Out Of It!...