Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tailgate organizer ?

Old 03-05-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought the Vector MP Table (28") today. Almost got the Smittybilt G.E.A.R, however I felt the Vector MP was better for what I do. I think the Smittybilt is good, but I like the rigid alloy over cloth, and having a drop down table idea is useful for when I'm camping, cycling, wheeling, or even just need a little extra work bench while in the garage while working on the JK or anything else. I must say, I was on the fence until I saw the 15% off for March 1st - the 7th: that's a savings of nearly $30!

That's my input/ 2 cents. I made a post just like this a week ago an know how you feel.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ZMagic97
I just bought the Vector MP Table (28") today. Almost got the Smittybilt G.E.A.R, however I felt the Vector MP was better for what I do. I think the Smittybilt is good, but I like the rigid alloy over cloth, and having a drop down table idea is useful for when I'm camping, cycling, wheeling, or even just need a little extra work bench while in the garage while working on the JK or anything else. I must say, I was on the fence until I saw the 15% off for March 1st - the 7th: that's a savings of nearly $30!

That's my input/ 2 cents. I made a post just like this a week ago an know how you feel.
Do you need a special code or something? I wanted the edock they have. I didn't see jack shit on sale.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:15 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by G520
Really???? How much weight is in it? I've got 2 straps, tools, drill, shovel, ax and more and it's not sagging on me.
I had one of the first ones produced and I just don't like how it fit and when loaded up with stuff it sags, So I pulled a bunch of stuff out and keep it minimal now, plus the hardware is all rusted at this point and I'd rather have the utility of the table and molle pack than just the bags. I have never felt comfortable loading them up with just those tiny screws holding them in place.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by G520
Do you need a special code or something? I wanted the edock they have. I didn't see jack shit on sale.
The sale is for the MP Tables only.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-MP-Table-Sale!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered a less expensive Molle Panel (cut from 12 gauge steel) from a guy on ebay. The ones he sells usually have "Wrangler" or "Jeep" or "Sahara" cut into the steel panel at the top. He was out of the one I wanted so he asked me what I wanted cut into it. So he put "Eugene" (name of my jeep). I bought some steel inserts from Woods at JeepSwag and bolted it up. Took awhile to get it just right, but I'm pretty happy with it. Got my first aid hooked up and have another bag from springtail solutions on order. I didn't like how some of the fabric ones 'sag' a little, just wasn't for me. Just another option.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	molle1.jpg
Views:	684
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	285687   Click image for larger version

Name:	molle2.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	285688   Click image for larger version

Name:	molle3.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	285689  
Old 03-06-2012, 09:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ZMagic97
The sale is for the MP Tables only.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-MP-Table-Sale!!!
AHA! Table only. That sucks for me, but good for you. Saving $ is always awesome!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by fadeout
I had one of the first ones produced and I just don't like how it fit and when loaded up with stuff it sags, So I pulled a bunch of stuff out and keep it minimal now, plus the hardware is all rusted at this point and I'd rather have the utility of the table and molle pack than just the bags. I have never felt comfortable loading them up with just those tiny screws holding them in place.
I guess I will wait a while before I add more to it then.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

Default like your idea

Originally Posted by JeepJeremy
I ordered a less expensive Molle Panel (cut from 12 gauge steel) from a guy on ebay. The ones he sells usually have "Wrangler" or "Jeep" or "Sahara" cut into the steel panel at the top. He was out of the one I wanted so he asked me what I wanted cut into it. So he put "Eugene" (name of my jeep). I bought some steel inserts from Woods at JeepSwag and bolted it up. Took awhile to get it just right, but I'm pretty happy with it. Got my first aid hooked up and have another bag from springtail solutions on order. I didn't like how some of the fabric ones 'sag' a little, just wasn't for me. Just another option.
Wow! I like your idea. what kind of bag is that? guess you could use any kind of backpack small duffel etc. right? How much does the panel go for? Appreciate sharing your design, gives me some ideas.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Hey thanks,

If you search ebay for "jk tailgate gear MOLLE panel" it should come up. The seller was alanjk427. I got the feeling he usually doesn't do custom work, but
his products are neat anyway. He sold the panel with some long machine screws and plastic spacers, which I tossed. I contacted bret at JeepSwag and he sold
me some of the metal inserts he uses in his tailgate holder kit. Then it's all bolted together with stainless steel 1/4 inch bolts with nuts for spacers. I did have to
cut a piece of the panel out to make room for the Woods Tailgate Holder Mount. The bag I got was on amazon.com and is made by Voodoo. Nice tough material.
Good luck to ya!!

Originally Posted by Billy12jk
Wow! I like your idea. what kind of bag is that? guess you could use any kind of backpack small duffel etc. right? How much does the panel go for? Appreciate sharing your design, gives me some ideas.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepJeremy
Hey thanks,

If you search ebay for "jk tailgate gear MOLLE panel" it should come up. The seller was alanjk427. I got the feeling he usually doesn't do custom work, but
his products are neat anyway. He sold the panel with some long machine screws and plastic spacers, which I tossed. I contacted bret at JeepSwag and he sold
me some of the metal inserts he uses in his tailgate holder kit. Then it's all bolted together with stainless steel 1/4 inch bolts with nuts for spacers. I did have to
cut a piece of the panel out to make room for the Woods Tailgate Holder Mount. The bag I got was on amazon.com and is made by Voodoo. Nice tough material.
Good luck to ya!!
The seller, alanjk427 is a super guy. Met him in person to pick up my panels. Drives a very nice Rubicon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2954788948.jpg
Views:	1497
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	290379

These fit right behind the rear seats.

Name:	image-2308187321.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	290380