Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tailgate ideas after removing spare carrier

Old 07-28-2011, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
My favorite that I have seen is courtsey of ToolManTimTaylor

Where can you get this plate for the tailgate? Anyone know?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tommyluv78
i got mine for free from a forum member, all i had to do was send him shipping money. he had a post up that said he had a ton of those plugs to just pm him if you wanted them.
Vector UFO's
Old 07-28-2011, 07:31 PM
JK Freak

I order some of those d ring frame mounts but the are re doing them so they will fit the new 2012 model i cant wait for those bad boys
Old 07-28-2011, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKOIIIOJK

Where did you get those d-ring mounts for the rear framerails?
Where u put your spare
Old 07-28-2011, 09:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by teamgreen666
I order some of those d ring frame mounts but the are re doing them so they will fit the new 2012 model i cant wait for those bad boys
Yeah, I was the one that figured out they didnt work with 2010 and up. Ordered them a few months ago, got around to install them, and they were sunken in and the plates that go on the side of the framerail didnt line up with the other holes so you could only get 1 of the 2 bolts in.. So they been working on them. heres the picture i sent them..so i cant wait till they get done with the new plates so i can use them!

I will post up a picture of what the back of my Jeep looks like tomorrow.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:29 AM
JK Freak

i got mine for free from a forum member, all i had to do was send him shipping money. he had a post up that said he had a ton of those plugs to just pm him if you wanted them.
SaginawMike. I did the same. He probably is out of stock, but sounds like most nut/bolt places like Ace have them too. Gotta find my tailgate ones. Put them up somewhere for when I finally removed the spare from the gate. That time has come. Now, where did I put them?
Old 08-03-2011, 10:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by raidue
I like the tramp stamp. I may have to go that route.

One a separate note where are u guys all getting the ass plugs to fill in the factory holes for the brakelight and tire standoffs. I checked home depot and rona but had no luck.
Go check a body shop or the dealer cause I think these came with the refurbished tailgate.

they could've found you a plug (like the ones they used for the spare tire stops)
for your 3rd brake lite wire. i'd be pissed if they did that to mine, after all , all it does is unplug.
I know they couldve found me a plug... And when I told them to keep the third brake light because I would like to relocate the plate some day they decided that hey well just cut it off

Note to everyone: Dont let the body shop work on putting mods on your Jeep... even if you figured out a way for insurance to pay for aftermarket bumpers after an accident.

I got a phone call asking what they wanted me to do with the giant hole in the tailgate? I said what hole? They told me the whole where the vent goes. So of course I tell them put the vent back in? I mean seriously?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
EVO MFG Representative

Originally Posted by Red-Dirt
Yeah, I was the one that figured out they didnt work with 2010 and up. Ordered them a few months ago, got around to install them, and they were sunken in and the plates that go on the side of the framerail didnt line up with the other holes so you could only get 1 of the 2 bolts in.. So they been working on them. heres the picture i sent them..so i cant wait till they get done with the new plates so i can use them!

I will post up a picture of what the back of my Jeep looks like tomorrow.
We should have the updated rear D-Ring mounts that will fit all models out to you in couple of days. Thanks for your patience.

Andrew
EVO MFG
Old 08-08-2011, 06:04 AM
JK Newbie

Heres my carrier solution
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110808_100256.jpg
Views:	809
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	192502  
Old 08-08-2011, 06:20 AM