Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tailgate ideas after removing spare carrier

Old 07-28-2011, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what the body shop did with mine after I got in a wreck

Old 07-28-2011, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by largo
On my 2011 I installed the Rampage cover, after having it painted to match my JK, installed the new license plate bracket and light, plugged the old license plate bracket hole with an OEM plug. I plugged the holes left in the rear deck with Vector hole plugs, and I put these on the hood after removing the OEM rubber windshield bumpers. They worked great.
I cant find the rampage cover online...Have a pic by chance?
Old 07-28-2011, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vector Offroad

Here are a few pics of our Element Plate. It allows you to keep your factory baffle in place. The baffle helps keep water out of the tailgate, and it regulates the air pressure inside the Jeep. You can mount RotoPax on the plate, leave it blank, or use it as a relocation point for your license plate. We also have our rear ufo's that fill in the two holes left by the rubber bumpers. Here is a link to our website: http://www.vectoroffroad.com Our plate provides the most useful options on the market. Here is another link to our Element Plate thread here on the JK-Forum: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-Element-Plate
The element plate looks pretty awesome!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vector Offroad
Here are a few pics of our Element Plate. It allows you to keep your factory baffle in place. The baffle helps keep water out of the tailgate, and it regulates the air pressure inside the Jeep. You can mount RotoPax on the plate, leave it blank, or use it as a relocation point for your license plate. We also have our rear ufo's that fill in the two holes left by the rubber bumpers. Here is a link to our website: http://www.vectoroffroad.com Our plate provides the most useful options on the market. Here is another link to our Element Plate thread here on the JK-Forum: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-Element-Plate
I am down for this one. Can y'all do the free UFO's again?
Old 07-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeepLife101
I am down for this one. Can y'all do the free UFO's again?
We ran the free UFO's promotion when we first introduced the Element Plates. The Element Plate is currently one of our best selling products. We won't be doing that promo anytime in the near future. Thanks for the interest though.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK08KATYTX
I definitely like that one. Probably wouldn't look as good on my black jeep, but I still like it.
Just go to a hobby shop first and pick out some vinyl that you like. Put some colored vinyl down first so it shows though. Red/Yellow/Chrome or something would look really good.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 07-28-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:07 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by racin444
This is my favorite one. I can't stand the thought of riveting a plate to my tail gate.

I just need to find some plugs for the holes and time to relocate the spare to the inside.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like the tramp stamp. I may have to go that route.

One a separate note where are u guys all getting the ass plugs to fill in the factory holes for the brakelight and tire standoffs. I checked home depot and rona but had no luck.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by racin444

they could've found you a plug (like the ones they used for the spare tire stops)
for your 3rd brake lite wire. i'd be pissed if they did that to mine, after all , all it does is unplug.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by raidue
I like the tramp stamp. I may have to go that route.

One a separate note where are u guys all getting the ass plugs to fill in the factory holes for the brakelight and tire standoffs. I checked home depot and rona but had no luck.
i got mine for free from a forum member, all i had to do was send him shipping money. he had a post up that said he had a ton of those plugs to just pm him if you wanted them.

Quick Reply: Tailgate ideas after removing spare carrier