Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

synthetic fairlead

Old 10-12-2009, 03:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default synthetic fairlead

Has anyone tried the polyurethane rollers with a synthetic line? What do you think of it?
I'm going to switch to synthetic line sooner or later, and this is a less expensive alternative to buying a hawse style lead. And I prefer the look of rollers to the hawse.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:10 PM
JK Junkie

Sometimes you need to overlook the look, and go for the function. A Hawse style will save your line in the long run, trust me. You're spending a dime on a synthetic rope, shell out some extra bucks for the Hawse.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Sometimes you need to overlook the look, and go for the function. A Hawse style will save your line in the long run, trust me. You're spending a dime on a synthetic rope, shell out some extra bucks for the Hawse.
I don't have winch yet, it's on the list. But I don't understand how a "hawse fairlead would save your line in the long run"? Can some please explain that, I want to make sure I get it right when I get a winch. I would think a roller would have the least friction against the line, and with the poly rollers you won't scratch the synthetic line. I do agree that a STEEL roller fairlead would be bad.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A hawse fairlead that is built right will work great. But also the daystar rollers really work well also.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=DS-ROLLERS

This is my favorite

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...NR4X4-FAIRLEAD

David

Quick Reply: synthetic fairlead