Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Synergy tie rod, ball joints and drag link mini review

Old 02-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Synergy tie rod, ball joints and drag link mini review

We overlook certain things, rear axles, tie rods, drag link, ball joints, diff covers etc till we need them they aren't on the forefront of visualy cool...

So I am pretty happy as I've been using synergy stuff for several months and in that time the stuff has been beaten on pretty hard and put in some tough situations.
I'm more than pleased to be able to recommend a product that was one of the first things I did to beef up the jeep...its a small part in a long line of modifying but it plays a very important
Part that's often overlooked for bling items that only work as long as the rest of the vehicle is functioning...ie bead locks and coilovers are great if you can steer, or 35s look good but they are better if your ball joints are all worked and you are stuck.
Don't get me wrong I want hydro assist and bead locks which I'll be getting very shortly, the coilovers ill do without. They are nice bit not mandatory for me (modified mounts and bumps along with longer shocks is).

If your wheeling and running 35s or larger your putting the steering and front end under a bit of stress and something has to take the wear. The tie rod gets introduced to rocks on a regular basis and like speed dating it meets several lonely rocks in a row from time to time....it hasn't found its perfect mate so it will continue to check out the rocks and occasionally hang out with one.

Ball joints are a no brainer with the leverage and stress of bigger tires and drag link is a good addition , it adjusts easier than stock and can take the twisting and grunt of being tweaked better than stock.

So basically i have beat on these and been very happy, the ball joints are holding up great as are the other two items. The tie rod has a bunch of rock rash and has been in some nasty situations including having a pointed rock stuck between it and the axle where I just backed back out to pic a different line and it did just fine.

What I've learned is I need to do hydro assist and bead locks now....

Quick Reply: Synergy tie rod, ball joints and drag link mini review