Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Synergy tie rod on aev lift?

Old 08-11-2013, 06:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synergy tie rod on aev lift?

Over the weekend I found a large log (after setting out to only conquer rocks) that got perfectly between my steering stabalizer and my tie rod.

My poor stabalizer is garbage lol. I took it off.

My tie rod is slightly bent. The jeep still dives perfectly fine but I can see the bend so I don't trust it one bit.

Done some research and I want to get the synergy tie rod but I am unsure if it will work/fit with my current set up.

I am running a 3.5" aev lift with the high steer kit

Also I have no idea on the back spacing I am running. I know to fit the tie rod you need 4-3/4 back spacing.

I'm running pro comp 7105 and I believe they are 4.5 wheel spacing but I was hoping someone could chime in and help me out here.

Also, going to need to replace my stabalizer as well. I was thinking of just buying another OME as that what I had on the jeep before. Wondering if it is even worth the money to buy the synergy one that is rebuildable (and if it will fit with my aev set up)
Old 08-11-2013, 06:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The internet claims a 4.5bs for 17X8 and 4.750bs for 17X9 so you should be good to go. The Synergy tie rod will work fine with your setup. I'm running a JKS ss so can't speak for other, but given the tie rod is the same diameter as stock, I don't see why any ss wouldn't work as it would on a stock setup.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:42 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

The synergy tie rod will work great for you. It's a great tie rod. We have plenty in stock also
Old 08-11-2013, 06:46 AM
JK Freak

I should also add that I recently had an issue with a Synergy product (not the tie rod) and they were outstanding in making it right and getting me a good part. Great communication and customer service.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
The synergy tie rod will work great for you. It's a great tie rod. We have plenty in stock also
I'm really bummed you guys are in CO now. I pay enough taxes as it is!
Old 08-11-2013, 07:34 AM
JK Freak

How about my steering stabalizer? I will need a new one and not sure if I should stick with an OME or get the synergy one.

Also hoping you're in stock in Canada as that's where I am...

For the first time I noticed that your price is 370 while other websites are 325. Im assuming the 325 is american dollars so i would have to pay duty but i eould still be paying 13% taxes on the 370. i think it would work out to be a good $40-50 more expensive. Anything we can do about that?
Old 08-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

You need to call northridge Canada to find out . You will want the 8003 mount also

Colorado tax is only 4% roughly and we should be able to get you most parts in one day
Old 08-11-2013, 08:19 AM
JK Freak

You need to call northridge Canada to find out . You will want the 8003 mount also

Colorado tax is only 4% roughly and we should be able to get you most parts in one day
Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: Synergy tie rod on aev lift?