Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Synergy or teraflex ball joints?

Old 01-06-2015, 04:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synergy or teraflex ball joints?

Need new ball joints and Dynatrac is too much $. Im running a 3.5" lift on 35's.

Any recommendations on these new TF joints vs the Synergy?
Old 01-06-2015, 04:19 AM
JK Super Freak

55,000KM on my Synergy BJ's, installed last year with 33" Mickey's.....trouble free, no issues, hold up well. I would buy these again (if and when needed).
Old 01-06-2015, 05:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

I had Dynatracs on my stock axle for several years, they did great but when I swapped ut the front housing I couldn't justify the expense over Synergy. I've had them on there for a year with no issues at all. I looked at it as, look, I can get three sets of Synergys for one set of Pro Steers...game set & match. The new Teraflex joints look good but I'd let someone else be the test mule.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had 30k + on the Synergy joints and they were going strong but just switched to a TF 44 axle with the TF joints so in another 30k miles I will be able to give you a real comparison review. I do like how the TF lower joints are greased since you grease them from the side of the joint instead of trying to hit the zerk fitting on the top of the Synergy joint which is directly below the inner axle.

Quick Reply: Synergy or teraflex ball joints?