Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Synergy Stage III 4" KIT.

Old 08-26-2014, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spanky1989
You've never had a drive shaft "go bad" on you going down the road have you.
Yeah I actually have...on a 12" lifted super duty. Talked to the guys at synergy and teraflex said I should be fine for quite some time.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhxSilver
I am going to assume this is a newer JK? By going all the way up to 4"+ you have many other issues you may want to consider. You need new drive shafts and you are going to have to do some exhaust work...are you aware of that???

4" is a LOT of lift on a JK. Consider doing a smaller lift and cut the fenders and you get a ton of travel.
a 2010 shouldnt require any exhaust mods... 4" is not TON of lift.... IMO its a pretty good lift height... Also just cutting fenders does nothing for travel if you dont set bumps correctly and have longer travel shocks, a 4" lift and non cut fenders could travel way more depending on setup.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will be good with that lift. I think around 4" is a great size. It's what I run. Talk to synergy and make sure you get shocks and bumpstops set accordingly.
Keep in mind you can't add the trackbar bracket in the front if you don't do the flipped drag link so it's either a fliped draglink with trackbar bracket or an adjustable front trackbar if you want the axle centered.
Your drive shaft will likly last a while. You never know. Mine lasted 35000 miles on my 2009. I wheel fairly often. You might as well get your use out of it.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maertz
a 2010 shouldnt require any exhaust mods... 4" is not TON of lift.... IMO its a pretty good lift height... Also just cutting fenders does nothing for travel if you dont set bumps correctly and have longer travel shocks, a 4" lift and non cut fenders could travel way more depending on setup.
It will only travel until it hits the flairs and rubs them until the clips fail and your flairs are hanging loose. I see no point in putting a 4" lift on and then putting a huge amount of bump stop to stop the up travel. Unless you are building a Mall Crawler.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:51 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhxSilver
It will only travel until it hits the flairs and rubs them until the clips fail and your flairs are hanging loose. I see no point in putting a 4" lift on and then putting a huge amount of bump stop to stop the up travel. Unless you are building a Mall Crawler.

im sorry i will take your advice in the future....

Quick Reply: Synergy Stage III 4" KIT.