Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Synergy sector shaft brace with teraflex

Old 11-22-2016, 06:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Biginboca
You and I had this discussion already in another thread. My sector shaft brace rubbed my synergy springs with stock control arms until I chopped and welded the brace. That probably rings a bell for you now that I mention it again, lol
I believe Synergy revised the bracket, i think i got the newer one.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
I believe Synergy revised the bracket, i think i got the newer one.
I've always wondered about that reading these threads. I have the TB brackets as well as a full synergy lift and the TB bracket is at least a full inch from the spring. I read that in a couple threads and went out and looked at my rig and was all like .... Whaaat? How is that possible?
Old 11-22-2016, 10:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by casamtb
I've always wondered about that reading these threads. I have the TB brackets as well as a full synergy lift and the TB bracket is at least a full inch from the spring. I read that in a couple threads and went out and looked at my rig and was all like .... Whaaat? How is that possible?
For a couple years I ran the Synergy brace (no sector brace) with a TF track bar and it worked fine. The issue was that the Synergy brace's rear gusset would be hit by the Teraflex spring under compression because of its larger diameter. I fixed the interference by cutting off that rear gusset. Worked great after that. I later just went with TF's frame side drop & brace set up and it's still going fine.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:45 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Originally Posted by SoK66
For a couple years I ran the Synergy brace (no sector brace) with a TF track bar and it worked fine. The issue was that the Synergy brace's rear gusset would be hit by the Teraflex spring under compression because of its larger diameter. I fixed the interference by cutting off that rear gusset. Worked great after that. I later just went with TF's frame side drop & brace set up and it's still going fine.

That is exactly what I did with the TB bracket to get it to stop rubbing on my RK springs. I didn't cut quite to the extreme you did in your picture, but I shaved it off pretty close to the weld where it wraps around to the backside of the factory TB bracket. No issues since, and peace of mind having that factory bracket still reinforced.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:06 PM
JK Junkie

Mine barely rubs the coil compressed. About 1/4 at ride height. RK coils and arms, axle forward 1/4 or so.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1370857627.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	661546  
Old 11-23-2016, 02:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Mine barely rubs the coil compressed. About 1/4 at ride height. RK coils and arms, axle forward 1/4 or so.
So just cut. I just trimmed that part off on mine
Old 11-23-2016, 03:30 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Monte417
So just cut. I just trimmed that part off on mine
Not enough to be a issue.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's mine. It rubbed in 3 spots (red circles) when my 3" synergy springs were compressed to my 3" bumpstops as shown. I ended up cutting the brace along the white line and grinding down the bolt head it rubbed in the top circle. The bolt next to the middle circle was removed and replaced with welds.

Last edited by Biginboca; 11-23-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:06 AM
JK Freak

My 1st generation Synergy TB brace does not rub at all with AEV springs and Teraflex Trackbar. I've had it on since 2010 or 2011; no issues.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:22 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Biginboca
Here's mine. It rubbed in 3 spots (red circles) when my 3" synergy springs were compressed to my 3" bumpstops as shown. I ended up cutting the brace along the white line and grinding down the bolt head it rubbed in the top circle. The bolt next to the middle circle was removed and replaced with welds.
Yea wow that hits pretty good mine iirc only rubbed in one area.

Quick Reply: Synergy sector shaft brace with teraflex