Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Synergy or Metalcloak

Old 07-23-2015, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe_B
Doesn't the long arm kit come with new hardware? I pick up my rear long arm kit tomorrow and I'll let you know.
Awesome thanks bud
I called synergy today from what I understand it comes with the hardware for the brackets and the frame side bolts but not the axle side. Double checked the instructions and I see 12 bolts, two brackets with 5 holes each. Let me know how the install goes!

if you can read this, my Jeep is broken....
Old 07-24-2015, 02:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced the track bar and lower control arm bolts. If I were to do it again, I would only replace the front 2 track bar bolts.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Pretty major install doing a long arm. No sense in not swapping out the factory 14mm bolts for 9/16" grade 8 in the process.

Fwiw, with a lot of study & prep and three guys working, a buddy installed a Synergy long arm in under 8 hours. They had a meeting beforehand to go though the instructions and assign tasks. The night before they got the rig on a hoist, removed the wheels, tank & control arms & laid out all the parts out by assembly. Next morning they started early, used a cheapo Harbor Frieght plasma cutter to lop off the stock brackets and each guy took a corner to grind, prep & paint the frame. (Not sure who got to do a second one.) They said in typical Synergy fashion the kit went together perfectly, and they were on the road late that afternoon for a shakedown.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow sounds like some organized guys. If they did it in 8 hours that'll probably equal 8 days for this guy.

if you can read this, my Jeep is broken....

Quick Reply: Synergy or Metalcloak