Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Synergy or Metalcloak

Old 07-22-2015, 10:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Synergy or Metalcloak

I purchased and received Synergy high clearance lower front and rear adjustable control arms and adjustable upper front and rear control arms. What I didn't know until reading the instructions is they require a set of brackets to be installed as well. Spent about $2300 on the arms now the brackets will be about another $1000. They also involve a lot of cutting, grinding, gas tank removal, bolt removal of transmission crossmember, generally a lot of work I would consider barley qualifies as "bolt on" (sloped gravel driveway and jack stands for my work area). Ideally someday I would like 40's on the 2008 JKU, I'm in the middle of a 4.5" lift (very flighty drive right now) and I am wondering if I should just return the synergy arms and order Metalcloak? They seem to be an easier bolt on option and I can get the full set for less than I have into the synergy arms right now. Does anyone have experience with both? Preferences? Do I need high clearance arms for 40's? Synergy worth the price difference and labour? Already went about $2000 over budget and depending on the wife's pregnancy test results in the AM might change my lift into a minivan anyways :'( oh no not another bundle of joy!! Lol

if you can read this, my Jeep is broken....
Old 07-22-2015, 10:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm assuming you bought Synergy's long arms but 2300$ for just the arms is a ripoff. Do some research there is a lot of info out there about short vs long arms. Doesn't sound like you're up to the task for installing LA, I would get an adjustable short arm kit & call it a day.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:54 AM
JK Junkie

Are you sure you didn't order the full long arm kit with the brackets? The whole thing is $2400, just the arms is more like $1700
Old 07-23-2015, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yay negative!! More jeep parts for me. Prices are in Canadian dollars from 4wheelparts.com

Old 07-23-2015, 06:40 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jonny K's JK
Yay negative!! More jeep parts for me. Prices are in Canadian dollars from 4wheelparts.com if you can read this, my Jeep is broken....
Oh... Then yea with the exchange rate you just paid for the arms.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Probably just going to go ahead and order the brackets. Would the grade 8 upper control arm hardware kit be a good idea? I already have the lower grade 8 hardware kit on my stock LCAs

Old 07-23-2015, 09:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably just going to go ahead and order the brackets. Would the grade 8 upper control arm hardware kit be a good idea? I already have the lower grade 8 hardware kit on my stock LCAs

Leave the upper bolts as is. No value in replacing and you will hate life trying to do it. In fact, you would have to drop the gas tank to get the rear upper in.

I didn't see what year your JK was, but on the 2012+, a long arm requires you remove the exhaust loop and put a new pipe in.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Leave the upper bolts as is. No value in replacing and you will hate life trying to do it. In fact, you would have to drop the gas tank to get the rear upper in. I didn't see what year your JK was, but on the 2012+, a long arm requires you remove the exhaust loop and put a new pipe in.
2008 JKU going to have to drop the gas tank to mount the brackets anyway. Would it be a good idea to have the grade 8 hardware handy and install it at the same time?

Old 07-23-2015, 04:23 PM
JK Junkie

2008 JKU going to have to drop the gas tank to mount the brackets anyway. Would it be a good idea to have the grade 8 hardware handy and install it at the same time? if you can read this, my Jeep is broken....
At the very least, I'd leave the stock one in the passenger rear upper. Otherwise you'll have to drop the tank to check bolt torque or pull the arm.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:19 PM
JK Freak

Doesn't the long arm kit come with new hardware? I pick up my rear long arm kit tomorrow and I'll let you know.

Quick Reply: Synergy or Metalcloak