Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Synergy draglink

Old 07-29-2014, 09:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Synergy draglink

About to pull the trigger on the synergy draglink to replace my original which has some slop. Mounting in stock location under the knuckle. Anyone make this ugrade keeping the original tierod?? Tierod will get upgraded in the future but not now, just making sure I'll have no clearance issues between the two.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put one on mine. Stock location with stock tie rod works perfect. Next day I installed tie rod also. Good products. I had a front end clunk and now it's gone.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:19 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Tie rod and Drag link can be used separately of each other with out any issues at all.

David
Old 07-29-2014, 11:26 AM
JK Super Freak

That's what I wanted to hear..thanks guys.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:55 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I did a slow upgrade to synergy components. Drag link in stock location, then tie rod a few months later, then the trackbar a few months after that, and then finally got around to the front/rear trackbar brackets and the flip.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nthinuf
I did a slow upgrade to synergy components. Drag link in stock location, then tie rod a few months later, then the trackbar a few months after that, and then finally got around to the front/rear trackbar brackets and the flip.
That's what I plan on doing as well...minus the flip. Good to know that the pieces will work independently while waiting for further upgrades. Although I will have to get some spacers for my stock wheels before the tierod...never ending process these jeeps.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepdougie
I put one on mine. Stock location with stock tie rod works perfect. Next day I installed tie rod also. Good products. I had a front end clunk and now it's gone.
Same here...though it was the steering shaft clunking but surprisingly it was solid.
It was the drag link end at the pitman that was moving and clunking.
Synergy DL and no more noises

Sent from my LG-LS980 using JK-Forum
Old 08-08-2014, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running their draglink. It's a good solid product. I had an issue with it being too long though. I had to cut an inch or so off of both of the TRE's to make it short enough to correct my steering.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Got this beast installed today. Top grade American made beef Install was pretty painless. I had to loosen the pass side tie rod enough to drop it about an inch to get the synergy piece in. After that centering the steering wheel was a bit of a pain too. After a test drive the wheel was still off a little. Not enough to give me a light but about an inch off center. I think I'm good now, shouldn't have to worry about this monster for a LONG time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0485.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	570383   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0493.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	570384   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0496.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	36.3 KB