Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Synergy Drag Link/Tie Rod Install

Old 03-15-2020, 08:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synergy Drag Link/Tie Rod Install

Have a Question. Synergy states on their install NOTES to make sure the Adjuster sleeve (both on the tie rod and drag link ..pitman end) slit is aligned with the slit in the tie rod bar and the drag link bar. Mine are not and my OCD is kicking in. Does it make that big of a difference? Will it Fail if not aligned per Synergy recommendation? Also Synergy states the Pitman end on the drag link should not be more than 3.25 inches out from the grease nipple to the drag link bar. Mine is 3.5. So how bad is this and should I adjust everything per Synergy recommendations? I just realized this after getting it back from a shop. Much thanks in advance.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:37 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

You should install per instructions. You need the slits aligned to get proper clamping force. You may have too little threads engaged and risk the end failing. Do you have after market axles ore a really tall lift to be needing that much thread exposed?
Old 03-15-2020, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response. No aftermarket axles. Do have a 4 inch lift.. I just remeasured and I was incorrect the first time. I am right at 3.25 at the pitman arm, although, I would have just adjusted it a tad bit shorter (if it were me). The slit on the drag link is exactly 180 degrees from the adjuster sleeve. However, the tie rod is about a 1/4 turn off. ugh.

Quick Reply: Synergy Drag Link/Tie Rod Install