Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

swaying/wandering at high speeds after 2.5 lift

Old 02-11-2013, 03:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
With properly setup steering the SS does little.
Is that why the factory wastes tons of money equipping them from the start? Yes they are needed and when you add a lift and bigger tires even more so
Old 02-11-2013, 04:11 AM
JK Junkie

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...ilizers-55767/
Old 02-11-2013, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am not going to repalce my steering stabalizer and stick with the stock. I don't want to try and cover up any underlying issues. I am heading back to the shop end of the week for a retorque and to have the alignment checked. Not going to order LCAs until we try and and figure out what is causing the issue. Hopefully it is just an alignment issue.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:06 AM
JK Junkie

Do you have #'s ?
Old 02-11-2013, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Means nothing
Old 02-11-2013, 08:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joey0480
I am not going to repalce my steering stabalizer and stick with the stock. I don't want to try and cover up any underlying issues. I am heading back to the shop end of the week for a retorque and to have the alignment checked. Not going to order LCAs until we try and and figure out what is causing the issue. Hopefully it is just an alignment issue.
What's causing the issue is your caster angle after the lift

Your caster is probably in the 2-2.5* range now. Only way to fix this is with LCA's.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I may just nab the RC front LCA and be done with it. They won't break the bank. I just hear hit or miss whether they are needed right now for a 2.5 inch lift.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joey0480
I may just nab the RC front LCA and be done with it. They won't break the bank. I just hear hit or miss whether they are needed right now for a 2.5 inch lift.
SpicedCrusher is right. Only way to get that caster back is LCA's unfortunately. Your also right... It's very hit or miss at that height whether you need them or not. Caster is the deciding factor.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would agree the Castor Angle may be off, but I would also play with my tire PSI a litttle as well. Tires hunting for a groove in the right lane can make a vehicle flightly at speed. If you get the same thing in the Left lane then so be it, but look at the PSI again. Mine still tracks flightly when I'm in a right lane with has seemingly imperceptable grooves.
Good luck.
J
Old 02-11-2013, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MTNBKR
I would agree the Castor Angle may be off, but I would also play with my tire PSI a litttle as well. Tires hunting for a groove in the right lane can make a vehicle flightly at speed. If you get the same thing in the Left lane then so be it, but look at the PSI again. Mine still tracks flightly when I'm in a right lane with has seemingly imperceptable grooves.
Good luck.
J
thanks....appreciate that. I have them at about 32 psi now all around. It is quite worse in the right lane than the left for sure. I also noticed that I need to have the axle centered a bit more. She is sticking out about 1 - 2 inches more on the right than the left (I do have the adjustable track bar).

Quick Reply: swaying/wandering at high speeds after 2.5 lift