Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Swaying Jeep

Old 08-07-2012, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right. Yeah I totally understand. I definately want to solve this the cheapest and best way possible. Like I said before to many people are driving lifted JK with 35 and say they drive great. If I can't get this right I'll be going back to stock and having a garage sale. Lol
Old 08-07-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 12HTownSahara
Right. Yeah I totally understand. I definately want to solve this the cheapest and best way possible. Like I said before to many people are driving lifted JK with 35 and say they drive great. If I can't get this right I'll be going back to stock and having a garage sale. Lol
you should also call rough country, they might be able to help or last point you in the right direction.

ben from rough country is pretty active on the forum and is on here daily....
Old 08-07-2012, 04:51 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can center the steering wheel yourself with the simple write up on here.
As far as the flightiness u will need adjustable control arms to raise your caster to fix that. Also u want slight toe in which is also covered in the write up.
I run 27lbs in my 35's on the street.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rinkishJK
You can center the steering wheel yourself with the simple write up on here.
As far as the flightiness u will need adjustable control arms to raise your caster to fix that. Also u want slight toe in which is also covered in the write up.
I run 27lbs in my 35's on the street.
X2 on this!
Old 08-07-2012, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys. When I get some extra time I'll call RC or get with him on the forum. I just took it for a short ride on the rocky lease road and I feel every bump in my steering wheel. Even makes a sound that sounds like its coming from the steering shaft. I know that it seems like I always come back with something else but I think now I have covered all the problems so far.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well went ahead and ordered adjustable LCA and adjustable trac bar. We will see if I can get it dialed in.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

4.5" BDS system and 35's with no highway issues.
Sorry to hear of your troubles, it can be so frustrating sometimes.
Front steering stabilizer might be worn??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2097244422.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	352044  
Old 08-09-2012, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just added a brand new one with the lift. Going to add the adjustables and see if it helps. If not then back to the drawing board.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I can feel your frustration, was in the exact same boat as you. Spent all this money on a lift and then thought oh crap this thing drives terrible. First thing I did was add negative castor. Front of pinion was moved toward the ground. That helped some. Centered my axle. Helped some more. Lower air pressure in tires 30 psi. Helped some more. Finally did a flip on my drag link and replaced it with a Rockkrawler solid bar. Complete. On 35's with a 3.5 lift I can do 70 mph without touching the steering wheel. Only other thing I can say is new aggressive tread tires take a 100 miles or so to break in. It will get better. Like you said just have to dial it in. When you lift it moves your axle back and usually to the passenger side. Have to get adjustable stuff to put it back. Hope this helps.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I lowered the air pressure down to 32 lbs and it helped alittle. I may drop to 30 and see if that makes anymore of a difference. I'll add the LCAs an trac bar and see. Will eventually end up with all adjustables but alittle at a time. Hell I couldn't be 260 bucks for adj LCAs and trac bac shipped to my door.

Quick Reply: Swaying Jeep