Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

swaybar question......

Old 11-01-2009, 08:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok i see now, but even axle too far forward should not matter because the sway bar swings on a fixed point. it can not move forward or back, only side to side. i am betting that with the stock suspension, that is as high as it will swing up. remember we have greatly altered our suspensions and running longer sway bar disconects and some stock parts just wont jive with what we have done. looks like to me i would just grind it flush with the frame. but i would check to see if you grind it off, to make sure the sawy bar is not going to hit something else. it was there for a reason, we just dont know what.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you loosen the bolts holding the sway bar on the frame will it move forward enough to give you the clearance you need, I think there is a little play in the mounting? I have the Teraflex 4 in lift with their discos because my E-disco died. I have room to move the swaybar up to connect to their holders under the front body mount.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Super Freak

I think the front axle may be off center some causing the contact. Does not have to be that far off centered for there to be contact with the sway bar and the rounded pieces.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:57 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by captjay
ok i see now, but even axle too far forward should not matter because the sway bar swings on a fixed point. it can not move forward or back, only side to side.
One of those moments...
Old 11-01-2009, 08:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the same exact problem, i just loosened the swaybar mount bolts and wiggled the swaybar till it moved over enough to move up and down freely without hitting, then tightened it back up, something ill check from time to time, ive seen a product online that comes with 2 rings that clamp just inside the swaybar mounts to keep it isolated and centered, if it keeps moving i might just get some of those.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
One of those moments...
hahahaha, are you talking about me having a moment or you? if me, in my defense, its been one of those weekends.:dontkno w2: im going to disconect the sway bar on mine tomorrow because im just not understanding how they are having this problem. now yall got me curious. i understand the problem just not how its happening.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:55 PM
JK Jedi Master

hahahaha, are you talking about me having a moment or you? if me, in my defense, its been one of those weekends.:dontkno w2: im going to disconect the sway bar on mine tomorrow because im just not understanding how they are having this problem. now yall got me curious. i understand the problem just not how its happening.
I'm talking about me, You are very humble to say that sir.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:00 PM
JK Jedi Master

im going to disconect the sway bar on mine tomorrow because im just not understanding how they are having this problem. now yall got me curious. i understand the problem just not how its happening.
Maybe you have smaller lips on your holes. I dunno, the swaybar hits on both sides equally on cprays jk, not on one side only. Maybe he needs to screw around with the mounts. Looks like it'd be easier just to hit em with a grinder.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine was hitting on only one side not both, when i have the swaybar centered theres about a centimeter of clearance on each side, not much but just enough.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

hi all, just an idea could be way off and may be dumb but.. could his sway bar be bent in, since both sides are hitting and you have eliminated most other options???

Quick Reply: swaybar question......