Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Swaybar Link Help

Old 07-19-2009, 05:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Swaybar Link Help

I installed the Teraflex Leveling Kit today, and I think I am having an issue with my drivers side front swaybar link sitting correctly. Not sure if this has to do with my tire seeming to toe out some. We checked the toe in to see and the measurements are good for the rear of the front tires and front of the front tires. Any help wold be appreciated.

Here is the passengers side one

Pic of tire driverside with correct toe in measurements and straightened steering wheel, looks like it is bent slightly outwards though?
Old 07-19-2009, 06:00 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like your axle is shifted because of adding the front coil spacers.Check the pm I sent you.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Do you think my axle could have shifted when I had my tires and wheels installed? I noticed last week when I was taken pictures of my front grill that my tire look pushed out some?
Old 07-19-2009, 06:07 PM
JK Jedi Master

Hey, unhook your links and push the swaybar over to that side, you might have to loosen where it mounts to the frame.See if that helps. May make it a little better but will probably shift back if your axle is not centered.

Last edited by mkjeep; 07-19-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:11 PM
JK Jedi Master

Your axle is gonna shift to the driver side when any lift is installed, your tires have nothing to due with the axle shift. Is it driving funky? My front links were like that with my BB. Drove fine.

Last edited by mkjeep; 07-19-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah no help undoing the links, is there any other way to recenter the axle without having the adjustable front track bar? I was planning on running this leveling kit for 4-6 months until funds allowed for the OME Lift kit w/ JKS adjustable track bars. Driving straight and no pull in either direction, and steering wheel centered.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:09 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by jason0341
Yeah no help undoing the links, is there any other way to recenter the axle without having the adjustable front track bar? I was planning on running this leveling kit for 4-6 months until funds allowed for the OME Lift kit w/ JKS adjustable track bars. Driving straight and no pull in either direction, and steering wheel centered.
Your good to go if its driving fine. There are other ways, such as using a drop bracket, problem with those is they're ussually designed to work with the kit it comes with ,but an adj control arm is really the best way to go. Especially since your frt axle isn't off by much. I'd just run it that way until you had the funds to get one or get the OME kit.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Sounds good, Thanks for time and help Mark. Much Appreciated!

Quick Reply: Swaybar Link Help