Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Swaybar light - Flash and ding

Old 02-12-2013, 04:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a long while back my light was flashing for a week or two, no amount of engaging / dis enganging would get it to stop or re-connect. At that time the dealer replaced under warranty.

I think this was from me having it disconnected in 4LO then going into 4HI alot and trying to disengage it in 4hi all the time. DUH it only works in 4LO silly me. perhaps this had nothing to do with it, perhaps it did. I also used to do ALOT of water crossing and goofing around.

ever since I have been hesitant to use it, but it has worked fine, sometimes on trail it takes a while or On / Off key cycle to stop flashing.

Recently my light has flashed here and there just out of the blue for no reason in 2WD.

Found a radiator leak, it was dripping down and onto or around the disco motor connector. Fixed the leak and it hasn't flashed since.

Perhaps just remove the electrical connector, clean it up and put some di-electric grease on the pins and connector and re-connect it. Possible some corrosion has occured causing computer to think it's disconnected or simply reporting things are not as they should be.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:53 AM
JK Junkie

I second the EVO knob idea. I went through 3 electronic Rubi swaybars on my '07 before I gave up and installed the EVO knob. The AEV Procal will remove the Swaybar light from the dash.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

Just to pile on the Procal plusses- it will also "recognize" the Rubi swar bar when you install it. We put a Rubi disco on my Sport along with the stock switch. The dealer wanted $80 to program this change- and he said he wasn't even sure it could be done. Plugged in the Procal, set the switches, and poof- the Sway bar light illuminated.
We also carry it with us on trails to re-set the stupid disco. if its gets finicky. But never had it be difficult aside from 4 WLo situations.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that evo knob looks awesome... might have to hunt craigslist for a rubi swaybar and get that set up instead of quick discos
Old 02-22-2013, 02:08 PM
JK Newbie

Default Cheaper fix

After 2 swaybar disco replacements and the end of warranty ,I installed the maunual one but my Dealer could not turn off the light. I removed the instument cluster , removed the clear cover and the front shroud from the cluster. I then cut a piece of a card 1/2 of an inch by 3/4, wraped black electrical tape around it, left a 1/2 inch of tape extending . I turned on the key and slipped it under the black face to cover the swaybar light and pressed the extra tape to the surround panel to keep it in place. Put it all back together and it looks perfect. 20 minutes and 0 dollar fix and no more annoying light

Quick Reply: Swaybar light - Flash and ding