Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Swaybar light - Flash and ding

Old 01-02-2013, 02:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Swaybar light - Flash and ding

So this has happened several times in the last month or so. I'll be driving (2wd - usually around 80 - 100km/hr) and all of a sudden, I hear the "ding" tone and see the swaybar light come on briefly. I've searched but have yet to find a reason for this. Any insight is appreciated.
2012 - JKUR with 3" lift and 35's.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Bring it on up!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Anyone Anyone Anyone???
Old 01-03-2013, 05:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this happens when it seems like you're on the highway but do you have any problems disconnecting it and then reconnecting at in 4 wheel drive my guess is you have a ruby I have an X with the factory disco what year Jeep you have.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

It's a ruby and I don't seem to have problems disconnecting or reconnecting.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:25 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It's gonna just keep giving u problems.... Ur not the only one.... Save urself the same headache that some of us do and take this advice......

Buy this http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...d=EVO-NOLIMITS

Then go on ebay and buy a "procal" for ur jeep (this corrects ur speedometer for bigger tires, clears codes, AND turns off that pesky sway bar light)

Cuz now ur disco is manual but it's just turn a knob and it's disco or no disco. Any DIY mechanic can install this too.

U will NEVER EVER see that light come on again! And but will have the security of knowing that ur not disconnected at 80km for some reason

Otherwise u will either keep going to dealers for warranty work or paying to fix electronic parts all the time..... Ur choice. I did it on the first sign of a problem with my electronic disco
Old 01-18-2013, 10:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
It's gonna just keep giving u problems.... Ur not the only one.... Save urself the same headache that some of us do and take this advice......

Buy this EVO: Suspension / Steering, NoLimits Manual Rubicon Swaybar Disconnect

Then go on ebay and buy a "procal" for ur jeep (this corrects ur speedometer for bigger tires, clears codes, AND turns off that pesky sway bar light)

Cuz now ur disco is manual but it's just turn a knob and it's disco or no disco. Any DIY mechanic can install this too.

U will NEVER EVER see that light come on again! And but will have the security of knowing that ur not disconnected at 80km for some reason

Otherwise u will either keep going to dealers for warranty work or paying to fix electronic parts all the time..... Ur choice. I did it on the first sign of a problem with my electronic disco
Do you know if a superchip flashpaq will clear the sway bar light? Thanks
Old 01-18-2013, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do you get any gauge movement or just the swaybar light? I get flashing lights and gauge movement sometimes. No idea where that's coming from.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine is doing the same but upon further inspection there is evidence of a fun weekend....broke the electrical connection to my motor. I ordered the EVO piece today.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sparkplug
Do you get any gauge movement or just the swaybar light? I get flashing lights and gauge movement sometimes. No idea where that's coming from.

Most likely a bad ground. had the same thing, poured over all the forums and found a few others with the same issue. i redid all my wiring and havent had an issue since

Quick Reply: Swaybar light - Flash and ding