Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Swaybar discos...Teraflex of JKS?

Old 04-23-2011, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the JKS disconnects and have been very pleased. I have the kind that are completely removed and I secure my sway bar up to the frame. I like this set up because the sway bar links stay clean when they are removed. When they are reconnected all you need to do is clean the pins and install the links.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had JKS on my TJ. Never regretted it.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK I think I read everyone carefully so please do not kill me if already discussed. I have stock JKU sport and plan to do a 2.5 teraflex lift but want discos now (wife has not signed off on lift yet. With all the talk of adjustable JKS I think Teraflex would fit me better but want to confirm. JKS even though adjustable is only 0-2 and 2.5-6 but teraflex 0-2.5. I am correct in saying that to use discos for stock and later using 2.5 BB i would be better off with Teraflex? Thnaks
Old 04-25-2011, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
The nuts just weld behind the holes, try to get them equal on both sides. If I go buy some longer bolts then it'll go thru the disco link and hold the bar in place. As it sits now the bar just rests on the two bolts. When you're done playing just take the 2 bolts out and swing the bar down. Everything has been painted over and appears "factory", after that is a pic from Starr motors today where I flexed the jeep all over with the bar stowed as shown (link removed until I buy the longer bolts) and nothing contacted the bar at all, no noise from the bar either.

Looks like a nice solution, but shouldn't the sway be stored flat when disconnected?
Old 04-25-2011, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the jks links and there tuff, I like how the links come off and you can keep them in the truck, also fully greasable and make no noise, my sway bar doesn't move at all when disconnected so I haven't had to tie it down with anything also I have no lift and soon I'm getting a 2.5 rc lift so I wanted the adjustable links
Cheers
Old 04-25-2011, 12:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeep_creep
I have the jks links and there tuff, I like how the links come off and you can keep them in the truck, also fully greasable and make no noise, my sway bar doesn't move at all when disconnected so I haven't had to tie it down with anything also I have no lift and soon I'm getting a 2.5 rc lift so I wanted the adjustable links
Cheers
Exactly, what's not to love? Well, it would be nice to have a way to secure the swaybar once the links are off. I am watching the weld on nut and bolt idea though, interesting.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But like I said my sway bar doesn't move when I'm wheelin, and I'm hard on it too but it just sits where ever I leave it, no problems yet
Old 04-25-2011, 03:49 PM
JK Jedi

JKS
Old 04-27-2011, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

My JKS disconnects arrived yesterday. We are going Jeepin in Parker, Az this weekend so I'm going to do the install out there. I'll post some pics when I get back.

Quick Reply: Swaybar discos...Teraflex of JKS?