Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Swaybar disconnects

Old 02-22-2009, 09:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swaybar disconnects

I have a SkyJacker 4.5" lift with front swaybar disconnects. I have never really had any reason to disconnect them. My wheeling has basically consisted of mud and easy trails. I'm planning a trip soon that will require more flex. I KNOW this is a stupid question, but do you just pull these pins and that's it? See pic. There is a pin at the top and bottom. Do I remove both? Are they easy to reconnect? I have heard I will need to use some zip ties or something to tie my sway bar up out of the way. Is that right?
Old 02-23-2009, 04:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep, pull the pin and get some zip-ties to hold the link up, unless it comes off on both ends. I took my sway bar off entirely over 20K miles ago. On a JK with a 4" lift, you'll never know - and flexing it is night and day.

Quick Reply: Swaybar disconnects