Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Swaybar disconnect issues

Old 06-14-2014, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swaybar disconnect issues

O.K. Bear with me guys but I'm new to the whole wheelin game. I have a 2012 JKUR and Just finally got it lifted about 2 months ago and haven't taken it off road much. I have never used my electronic Swaybar disconnect. Today I used my remote start, got in it and my swaybar light was flashing? I tried putting it in 4 lo and pushing swaybar button but it keeps flashing. I've read a few threads and am going to try cleaning the electrical connection by the actual disconnect mechanism. I was wondering can you tell by looking at the Swaybar with jeep on the ground if it's actually disconnected? Also are there any other easy things to check while I'm under there? Any help would be great I can't believe it would actually be the electric motor since I've never used it? Seem to think its a short or computer glitch?

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 06-14-2014, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

Similar issue on my 13 ended up being the transfer case position switch.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

Can't really be of help with the electric issues and the light flashing but what I can say is... You will 100% know if you are disconnected by driving it. Won't hurt to drive it on the road if you are disconnected especially for a short distance. Yoru front end will be swaying a ton on turns/bumps/fast acceleration/other stuff and feel very loose if disconnected. If it drives normal then your connected. I'd take it in to the dealership and have them mess with it since its electrical if under warranty... if not, try cleaning it and etc.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try driving slow and turn the steering wheel back and forth in 4 wheel drive and push the button see if it locks up or maybe it may unlock if that doesn't work disconnect the battery for a few minutes and then reconnect the battery but for the sway bar to lock up or disconnected the jeep has to be on level ground.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:21 AM
xed
JK Newbie

Have you been in any deep water?

If so you should open the module. It may be full of water. Pray it isn't because it is ridiculously expensive to replace.

If it is toast you will probably need to hack it to go to a manual knob solution or air disconnects.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Its not a question of if it will go out, its when. New motor-$1500. Some one makes a manual replacement for about $90. I looked a pics of it and made one at work for free! But I have been a CNC machinest and programmer for over 25 years. Maybe I should make some for sale?

Quick Reply: Swaybar disconnect issues