Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sway Bar problems???

Old 10-27-2008, 07:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway Bar problems???

G'day

I have ordered a new Jk and optioned it out with the Sway Bar Disco. I have since read on this forum of the problems with them puncturing the internal side walls of the front tyres (down-under spelling for tire).

I am now worried and ask those long term jeepers, does this always happen and if so how do you fix it.

I am putting on 35" BFG KM2's plus other mods.

2009 Sunburst orange (Del Jan 2009)
plus ARb products

Cheers
Parso's Pride
Old 10-27-2008, 08:16 PM
JK Jedi Master

i believe that issue your talking about is with manual disconnects, being that you have a E-disco nothing comes off, So you'll be fine.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:36 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks very much Piginajeep.

You've made me feel much better.

Parso' Pride
Old 10-27-2008, 08:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

The only problems I am aware of is them sometimes not disconnecting or not reconnecting; and after lifting, sometimes pretzeling a link due to it not being long enough and the link flipping backwards, interfering with other components. Both of these seem to be pretty isolated things, and definitely do not happen all the time.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:45 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by LemonTwist
The only problems I am aware of is them sometimes not disconnecting or not reconnecting; and after lifting, sometimes pretzeling a link due to it not being long enough and the link flipping backwards, interfering with other components. Both of these seem to be pretty isolated things, and definitely do not happen all the time.
I believe he's talking about the manual disconnects coming lose and hitting the tire.

Quick Reply: Sway Bar problems???