Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sway bar link options? Lift w/ factory wheels

Old 05-12-2014, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway bar link options? Lift w/ factory wheels

Are there any longer sway bar links for a 2.5 inch lift that will work with the factory wheels? Does anyone sell brackets like the AEV brackets that extend the OEM links? That seems to be the only reason some kits won't work with factory wheels. Just looking for some to go with my lift until I wear out the stock tires.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you are confusing the control arms and sway bar links. The AEV brackets are for the control arms.

To solve your problem, if you go with a small lift you can still use the factory sway bar links without a problem!
Old 05-12-2014, 07:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyMalkin
I think you are confusing the control arms and sway bar links. The AEV brackets are for the control arms.

To solve your problem, if you go with a small lift you can still use the factory sway bar links without a problem!
AEV has brackets to extend the stock sway bar links in their 2 and 2.5" kit.

Last edited by jadmt; 05-12-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:42 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by JKHEEL13
Are there any longer sway bar links for a 2.5 inch lift that will work with the factory wheels? Does anyone sell brackets like the AEV brackets that extend the OEM links? That seems to be the only reason some kits won't work with factory wheels. Just looking for some to go with my lift until I wear out the stock tires.
I am not impressed with the sway bar link extender brackets that came in my AEV lift. I ended up using a set of stock rear sway bar links and they are the right length.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:45 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I think the problem you are talking about is contact from having the swaybar links on the outside of the swaybar? If so, many people have just moved the links to the inside.

Quick Reply: Sway bar link options? Lift w/ factory wheels