Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sway bar light, lights flicker, abs light, brake light, cruise shuts off, and a ding

Old 07-09-2014, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway bar light, lights flicker, abs light, brake light, cruise shuts off, and a ding

I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X with 11,000 miles. It is lifted 3" with a Mopar lift and 35" tires. Since returning from the Drummond Island Jeep Jamboree I have had issues, seemingly random, with the things mentioned in the title of this thread. I will hear a ding, the sway bar light flashes, I noticed the abs light and brake light flash, the lights in the dash and the headlights both flicker, and one time I had the cruise set and it disengaged when I heard the ding and saw the sway bar light. I don't think all of these things always happen at the same time, but I'm not sure.

Today was the first time I actually witnessed the sway bar light, lights flickering, abs and brake lights, and ding all at the same time. I was pulling into my garage and I noticed the lights flickering. So, I put it in park and revved the engine. When I revved the engine is when the dash lights came on and I heard the ding. I did this two more times just to make sure I was seeing everything correctly. Then, I went to back it out of the garage and the lights stopped flickering. I put in park, revved the engine and no lights and no ding.

I have read some other threads about the sway bar light and other weird gauge malfunctions and it seems that the electronic sway bar disconnect getting wet at the harness is the problem.

1. Anyone who has had these issues: What was your outcome?

2. I'm still under warranty. I have an appointment at my dealership for later in the month. How do I get them to fix a problem that I can't reproduce and only happens once in a while? I don't want to swap over to antirock until my factory warranty expires.

Quick Reply: Sway bar light, lights flicker, abs light, brake light, cruise shuts off, and a ding