Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sway Bar Disconnects, Head light, & Fog Light recommendations

Old 05-08-2012, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ALEXANDERJASON
if you need more latex gloves, i can hook you up with my company - vandelay industries...
You need another latex salesman
Old 05-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by bostonbuckeye17

thanks. what about fog lights that fit inside of the original bumper (or in my case, an after market bumper setup)
so...the ones that go inside of the bumper and peek out of the holes.
If you custom fab a bracket, you can make many 4" and under lights work. I have been thinking about using some small Piaa lights in my bumper
Old 05-08-2012, 07:23 PM
JK Junkie

Dumb newbie question, my jk is still bone stock, would I still benefit from the sway bar disconnect?

Matthew
Old 05-09-2012, 02:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
Dumb newbie question, my jk is still bone stock, would I still benefit from the sway bar disconnect?

Matthew
Absolutely. Disconnecting your sway bar allows your front tires to articulate up and down independent of each other. This provides your jeep a significant advantage on the trails,even if stock otherwise.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:51 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by KJNewbs
Absolutely. Disconnecting your sway bar allows your front tires to articulate up and down independent of each other. This provides your jeep a significant advantage on the trails,even if stock otherwise.

ok thank you

so i imagine i should probably get one of the quick disconnect products to make it easier to disconnect and too keep the bits from dragging/floating around freely when disconnected?

matthew
Old 05-09-2012, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Matthew, I would. The JKS ones are great but don't come with anything to fasten the sway bar when disconnected. I used to just throw a tie wrap around the sway bar and frame to keep it parallel when not connected. I know some others come with an extra part that allows you to keep it out of the way without a tie wrap (my new Teraflex lift came with their version,but I've not had them disconnected yet).

Quick Reply: Sway Bar Disconnects, Head light, & Fog Light recommendations