Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sway Bar Disconnect Rubicon

Old 11-12-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spleify
I will usually only disconnect when we are hitting a trail, so when we hit the trail head I hit the disconnect button and shortly after it will disengage, after we get off the trail or are on a "smooth" area I will hit the button again, and it will reconnect when it is ready and in the right spot. I did have to get out once and rock the Jeep but then it went right back in.

HTH

Good luck
There have been a couple times that I went out on the trail and went home with the disconnect light blinking. I stopped to take a few pictures and turned off the Jeep with the front end disengaged. Then it happened right before I took this picture on my avatar and the front was not disengaging/articulating , and the dash light was blinking at the time.

Could someone please help me understand why I have to disconnect the battery to reset the automatic disconnect after I turned off the Jeep?
Old 11-13-2010, 08:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my Rubi for a few years now and once I put the rear locker on, I can't turn it off without disengaging from 4Lo. The front locker disengages on the fly with no problems. The light is still blinking a lot of the time until I take it out of 4Lo and turn off the motor. When I turn it back on, no more blinking. Does everyone else's work this way? I just figured it was finicky and that was the way it was supposed to work. Now I'm curious.

Quick Reply: Sway Bar Disconnect Rubicon