Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sway Bar Bolt Help

Old 01-06-2012, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway Bar Bolt Help

The bolt that connects my sway bar and my disco on the driver side either broke or just fell out, with comparing to the other sway bar bolt it looks to be an 18 mm either 3 or3.5 inches. I am running the Full Traction SRS 3" Premium lift and I don't think they are the stock bolts. Anybody have any idea what the exact size is, I took the disco into Lowes but they didn't have a bolt that was the right fit. I drove it home but I know it's not safe driving without the sway bar connected. Will I damage any of my suspension components if I have to drive it for a day or two (have to get to work tomorrow). Thanks for the help.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:46 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

If the sway bar link is completely removed, you won't damage anything.
You will lose some stability if you make any sudden moves on the road.

We just had a van roll over on I-95 in Bangor. A disconnected sway bar link was a contributing factor.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
If the sway bar link is completely removed, you won't damage anything.
You will lose some stability if you make any sudden moves on the road.

We just had a van roll over on I-95 in Bangor. A disconnected sway bar link was a contributing factor.
Yeah I knew it wasn't safe, hopefully I can find a replacement bolt this weekend. Thanks for the info that it won't damage anything further.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just went through this... I think it is an M12 bolt. I forget the exact length, but I think it was around 60... Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong. I actually took off the bolt from the other side I wasn't missing and took that into the store

Quick Reply: Sway Bar Bolt Help