Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Swapping out Coils question

Old 05-11-2015, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapping out Coils question

I am currently running on the Terraflex 2.5 coil lift with Bilstein shocks on my 2 door 6 speed. I added a .75 daystar spacer in front and rear after I added a Ace front bumper and a Terraflex rear tire carrier for my 35s

Can I swap the coils with lets say a Rock Krawler 2.5 or even a Rock Krawler 3.5 coil? Could it be as simple as just swapping coils and maybe adding longer brake lines? What about the Terraflex rear bracket that was installed? Can I keep that or does that have to be replaced with what ever brand of Coil I go with?
Old 05-11-2015, 01:37 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

What adjustable components do you have now?

RK 2.5" coils should put you close to your current height. Look at all of the components that come with the RK 3.5" lift, and decide if you want anything you don't currently have.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:20 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by crawdaddy
I am currently running on the Terraflex 2.5 coil lift with Bilstein shocks on my 2 door 6 speed. I added a .75 daystar spacer in front and rear after I added a Ace front bumper and a Terraflex rear tire carrier for my 35s

Can I swap the coils with lets say a Rock Krawler 2.5 or even a Rock Krawler 3.5 coil? Could it be as simple as just swapping coils and maybe adding longer brake lines? What about the Terraflex rear bracket that was installed? Can I keep that or does that have to be replaced with what ever brand of Coil I go with?
Our 2.5" 2 door coils will net you about 3" in the front over stock and 2" in the rear over stock. The 3.5" coils are the same 4" in front and 3" in the rear. Our guess is that you still have a little bit of the rake to the vehicle? Our spring sets take the majority of the rake out hence the more lift generated in the front.

RK
Old 05-12-2015, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No Adjustable components yet. If the height I gain requires, I will have to change, ie, Drive shaft, control arms, etc

No rake per say. Nothing wrong with the lift. Maybe it is just too much time online looking and thinking of something different to try is all. TF 2.5 lift with daystar .75 spacer is nice but a little bit more is the overall look I like. I know if it aint broke don't fix it. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0087.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	610351Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0216.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	610352
Old 05-12-2015, 08:15 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by crawdaddy
No Adjustable components yet. If the height I gain requires, I will have to change, ie, Drive shaft, control arms, etc

No rake per say. Nothing wrong with the lift. Maybe it is just too much time online looking and thinking of something different to try is all. TF 2.5 lift with daystar .75 spacer is nice but a little bit more is the overall look I like. I know if it aint broke don't fix it. Attachment 610351Attachment 610352
So you are sitting at about what our 2.5" coils would set your rig at. So our next step up is the 3.5" kit which you would want to run at least the lower control arms and an adjustable track bar. Our 3.5" flex system is a good one to base your needed components off because that is the minimum that we would advise running a 3.5" lift with.

RK

Quick Reply: Swapping out Coils question