Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Swaping in a d44

Old 11-30-2011, 06:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
Rubi D44 is not compatible... Your jeep has a 27 spline count and I believe the rubi has a 32... Your transfer case will not bolt up to it...
I am not sure what you're referring to. If he has an 07 with 4:10 gears and he takes the axle assembly from the wrecked Rubi, it too will have 4:10 gears and bolt up to his Jeep in less then 2 hours. It is a simple axle swap. As far as wiring the locker, there is a write up to add a relay and switch. Not bad at all.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeep2007

I am not sure what you're referring to. If he has an 07 with 4:10 gears and he takes the axle assembly from the wrecked Rubi, it too will have 4:10 gears and bolt up to his Jeep in less then 2 hours. It is a simple axle swap. As far as wiring the locker, there is a write up to add a relay and switch. Not bad at all.
That's what I was referring to, the gears have to match. Other than locker wiring, it will be fine...
Old 11-30-2011, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Cool thank guys, I've got an 07 with 4.10's already. I plan on rehearing to 4.88's
Old 11-30-2011, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Rubi D44 is not compatible... Your jeep has a 27 spline count and I believe the rubi has a 32... Your transfer case will not bolt up to it...
??? WTF ???

The Transfer Case has nothing to do with the axles, the spline count of the shafts is also completely irrelevant. The Rubi 44 is 100% bolt on compatible to the sport/X Sahara.

The brakes are the same between all models and will bolt up to either housing, hell even the outer knuckles are the same and will bolt up.

As mentioned gearing is the only issue you may run into but if you have an 07 with 4.10's and the Rubi axle is still stock, your are good to go.

Wiring the locker should be fairly strait forward and instructions can be found online.

I swapped a Rubi 44 into my Sahara, although it was built different and no longer had the factory locker, it bolted right in with no issues.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FuLcRuM
??? WTF ???

The Transfer Case has nothing to do with the axles.
I read that 4 times and thought the same thing thinking I was missing something that he was trying to explain
Old 11-30-2011, 11:25 AM
JK Junkie

I guess it would at that point... For all that, it may be cheaper and a lot less work to get a G2...
Is G2 making a JK bolt-in now? It isn't on their website.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:51 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by tslewisz
Is G2 making a JK bolt-in now? It isn't on their website.
Just the 60, no 44 yet.

The brakes are the same between all models and will bolt up to either housing, hell even the outer knuckles are the same and will bolt up.
They use the same 32sp outer shafts as well, different joints though.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks! I just realized that was already said above. That was my initial thought but I wasn't 100% on it! Thanks battlefrog!
Old 11-30-2011, 03:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FuLcRuM

??? WTF ???

The Transfer Case has nothing to do with the axles, the spline count of the shafts is also completely irrelevant. The Rubi 44 is 100% bolt on compatible to the sport/X Sahara.

As mentioned gearing is the only issue you may run into but if you have an 07 with 4.10's and the Rubi axle is still stock, your are good to go.

Wiring the locker should be fairly strait forward and instructions can be found online.

I swapped a Rubi 44 into my Sahara, although it was built different and no longer had the factory locker, it bolted right in with no issues.
All I need to do is confirm that the 44 is 4.10's as well. I found the write up for the e locker, seems straight forward and simple. For some reason I was thinking there would be an issue with the splines but makes sense if the gears match, should bolt right up.

Quick Reply: Swaping in a d44