Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suspension and Tires for my 09 Sahara

Old 03-19-2010, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension and Tires for my 09 Sahara

I need a little help/advise, and figured this would be the place to come for good feedback. I have a 09 - 2 door Sahara and would like to make it look more aggressive/sweet. I love my Jeep, I bought it new and don't want to beat it to hell. I have read good things about Nth Degree, the premium package runs about $1550.00. I would also like to get 35 inch tires but would like to keep the stock 18 inch rims. My brother in law said he would take care of the install and he has built X's in the past. He currently builds and races mud race trucks. There is a great picture of his rig in April's issue of Four Wheeler on pages 78 and 79. Is it possible to do what I want to do keeping the stock 18 inch rims while not compromising function or is this a bad idea. Helppppppp.

Last edited by Jgclimbn; 03-19-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:14 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jgclimbn
I need a little help/advise, and figured this would be the place to come for good feedback. I have a 09 - 2 door Sahara and would like to make it look more aggressive/sweet. I love my Jeep, I bought it new and don't want to beat it to hell. I have read good things about Nth Degree, the premium package runs about $1550.00. I would also like to get 35 inch tires but would like to keep the stock 18 inch rims. My brother in law said he would take care of the install and he has built X's in the past. He currently builds and races mud race trucks. There is a great picture of his rig in April's issue of Four Wheeler on pages 78 and 79. Is it possible to do what I want to do keeping the stock 18 inch rims while not compromising function or is this a bad idea. Helppppppp.
you can keep your stock 18" wheels but you will need to install wheel spacers as the factory back spacing is too great without them and you will have serious rubbing issues. another thing to consider is the fact that tires are harder to find in an 18" wheel size. just something to think about.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
you can keep your stock 18" wheels but you will need to install wheel spacers as the factory back spacing is too great without them and you will have serious rubbing issues. another thing to consider is the fact that tires are harder to find in an 18" wheel size. just something to think about.
I have the "buyer's remorse" on going with aftermarket 18s...wish I had 17s. Past 35" tires, hard to find for 18" rims.

With that being said, a 2" budget boost and a little pinch seam adjustment will work with 35s.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:25 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by VEGASSMAN
With that being said, a 2" budget boost and a little pinch seam adjustment will work with 35s.
agreed 100%. i'd have a hard time justifying $1550 just to clear 35" tires.

Quick Reply: Suspension and Tires for my 09 Sahara