Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suspension questions.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suspension questions.

I'm fairly new to offroading & jeep tech so hopefully someone can help me out. I have a 2011 jku sport with a 4" lift. It came lifted when i bought it i looked at what the springs say on them & their superlift springs. The shocks say mopar on them & are white so i dont know if they are the right shocks. When ive gone wheeling if i go up a rock on one wheel in the front the other front wheel is in the air pretty fast. Is this because my shocks are to small or because i dont have a sway bar disconnect? Also does anyone know how hard the jks quick disconnects are to install? keep in mind im not a super mechanic & dont have more than average tools at my disposal. Any help in appreciated thanks guys

This is my jeep if you look close the drivers tire is in the air
Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep2.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	275023
Old 02-06-2012, 07:09 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Murder¹
I'm fairly new to offroading & jeep tech so hopefully someone can help me out. I have a 2011 jku sport with a 4" lift. It came lifted when i bought it i looked at what the springs say on them & their superlift springs. The shocks say mopar on them & are white so i dont know if they are the right shocks. When ive gone wheeling if i go up a rock on one wheel in the front the other front wheel is in the air pretty fast. Is this because my shocks are to small or because i dont have a sway bar disconnect? Also does anyone know how hard the jks quick disconnects are to install? keep in mind im not a super mechanic & dont have more than average tools at my disposal. Any help in appreciated thanks guys

This is my jeep if you look close the drivers tire is in the air
Attachment 275023
Yeah your not discoed, I have the JKS, maybe take you 30min to install. Mopar rebranded the Superlift and sold it under their name.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep

Yeah your not discoed, I have the JKS, maybe take you 30min to install. Mopar rebranded the Superlift and sold it under their name.
So my shocks are right then all I need is discos
Old 02-06-2012, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me I don't know but

Based on your picture, it looks like your getting all your articlulation from the rear. Sway bar disconnects would definitely help.

JKS discos are OK but you might do better for the price.

I know they also make the Switchblade but for $900 I would stick with a standard disco.

Just my $0.02.

edit: If after disconnecting you find your articulation hasn't significantly increased or your springs pop out (don't get shocks longer than your springs!) then you can start looking at those things. Discos would definitely be my first priority in your situation.

Last edited by Sahara Lee; 02-06-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:40 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Murder¹
So my shocks are right then all I need is discos
Should be, the superlift shocks are white with a superlift sticker. When re-branding they just change the sticker.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:38 AM
JK Super Freak

So would limiting straps be a good idea along with the discos

Quick Reply: Suspension questions.