Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

suspension question

Old 03-11-2016, 04:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension question

I brought my 15 wrangler to a reputable shop to have my stage 2 mopar 2.5" lift installed. I noticed the rear coils are hitting the track bar??? My first jeep so I wasnt sure but there's definitely rubbing going on
Old 03-11-2016, 01:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevecosta_
I brought my 15 wrangler to a reputable shop to have my stage 2 mopar 2.5" lift installed. I noticed the rear coils are hitting the track bar??? My first jeep so I wasnt sure but there's definitely rubbing going on
Get adjustable arms or coil perches to try and help. Best case cut off stock coil buckets and re weld after rotating
Old 03-11-2016, 02:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

You don't have to cut off the stock brackets, they make a bracket you put on the bucket to correct the spring from flexing over to the track bar but, I find it hard to believe they are hitting the track bar with that little of a lift. Is it an after market track bar? If it's all stock except the lift you just installed, I'd call whoever made the lift kit and talk to them.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dahreno
You don't have to cut off the stock brackets, they make a bracket you put on the bucket to correct the spring from flexing over to the track bar but, I find it hard to believe they are hitting the track bar with that little of a lift. Is it an after market track bar? If it's all stock except the lift you just installed, I'd call whoever made the lift kit and talk to them.
X's 2! I agree! That should not be happening.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:39 PM
JK Junkie

Is moper still TF? When i ran the TF 2.5 kit, the coil rubbed the bolt head. I rotated the coil 180 and that helped.
Old 03-13-2016, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

X2 on rotating the spring.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:40 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Rear Coil Spring Correction Wedges

Quick Reply: suspension question