Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suspension Question

Old 08-13-2011, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Question

I am looking to upgrade my suspension and level out my 2007 JK. What is the best suspension and leveling upgrade for someone on a budget? I am looking into getting nitro shocks and have looked at the Skyjacker 2" budget boost kit and just getting Skyjacker softride shock absorbers. I would like to stay under a 2" lift to possibly stay away from the death wobble. Any suggestions or thoughts would be great appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rock Krawler 2.5'' Stock Mode: Abuse proof waranty, easy to install and not $$$! You can clear 33'' & 35'' perfectly
Old 08-13-2011, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

I just got off the Rubicon Trail run and the new Trail Master suspension in my mind the best. the long arms didn't drag like other company's did. they are tuck up a little higher. The ones who had them installed seem to have less problems.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by John_Mora
Rock Krawler 2.5'' Stock Mode: Abuse proof waranty, easy to install and not $$$! You can clear 33'' & 35'' perfectly
I like this kit a lot and almost went with it myself but I think Its going to give way more than 2'' of actual lift. If 2'' is the limit, this might not be the one for you. Great kit though.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:18 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I would like to stay under a 2" lift to possibly stay away from the death wobble
Lift height doesn't cause deathwobble...
Old 08-14-2011, 02:33 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepin'
... I would like to stay under a 2" lift to possibly stay away from the death wobble. ...
Lift height should be driven by what size tires you plan to run. If you plan to go no larger than 33-34s, then the Teraflex leveling kit would work and is pretty inexpensive ($130 or so). What size tires are you planning on? Do you plan on replacing the stock wheels? I ask because wheel offset will affect your decision and if you plan to keep the stockers with larger tires, you may need wheel spacers. Remember, lift height does not give ground clearance--larger tires do.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:13 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you for all the replies and suggestions. All of you gave great advice. After give it some thought. I would like to stay at a 2" leveling kit and probably go no larger then 33's on the tires (tires wheel be the next upgrade, What is a good aggressive tire that is still good on the road?). My JK is still my main vehicle for a little bit more, so I would like to get the most mpg's after I upgrade the suspension.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:34 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by 616fun
Goodyear Duratracs ....
Really love mine. Had Dick Cepek FC IIs (33") before, and they were nice. But the Duratracs are now my preferred choice. Both are pretty aggressive looking for an AT tire, I think the Duratracs a tad more so ...

FC IIs ...

Duratracs ...
Old 08-14-2011, 08:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeepin'
Thank you for all the replies and suggestions. All of you gave great advice. After give it some thought. I would like to stay at a 2" leveling kit and probably go no larger then 33's on the tires (tires wheel be the next upgrade, What is a good aggressive tire that is still good on the road?). My JK is still my main vehicle for a little bit more, so I would like to get the most mpg's after I upgrade the suspension.
KM2s and MTRs with Kevlar are both good on road and off. Road Snow traction isnt wonderful but not terrible either. I have MTRs and they are great for everything. I think KM2s balance better though.

Quick Reply: Suspension Question