Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suspension Lifts.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Lifts.

Hello I'm fairly new to the Jeep scene. I bought a 2007 Jeep wrangler 2d with a 410 diff's recently. I've been offroading quite often. I'm not too interested in "mudding" or just going water bogging. I'm more into suspension travel hill climbs descents and rock crawling (not extreme rock crawling) But enough to say it is. Right now it's 100% stock with the 17" rubicon rims the 245 (30 inch) tires on it. I'm looking at tera flex lift kits. I'm leaning heavily towards their 3 inch one. But I'm kinda at a loss on which one to get. I'm not too keen on the long arm one cause it's nearly 3 grand But there are two more that are 3 inch lifts from them. They have the 3 inch coil/shock & they have the 3 inch coil/flex arm shocks. What is the difference? I've been told and read that the long arms are nicer for maintaining the daily driver feel. But I've not gotten many other details besides that.

On a second two parter :P What sized tires do you think with a 3 inch tera? (I was thinking 34's) Also how much offset do you guys think is needed for that lift and 34's?

Many thanks for all the input.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:45 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Teraflex 3" kit and am running 35" tires. I think it is a perfect fit.

Here is what I told someone in another thread who was looking at some different lifts erlier tonight:

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
have you looked at the teraflex 3"? It rides great, handles amazing, flexes awesome, and the compontents are tough as nails. Oh and they have amazing customer service. Teraflex isn't like most other companies that make lifts for trucks and just happen to make some Jeep lifts too. That is all they make. And the guys that work their use their products and wheel them. That was a major deciding factor when I was shopping. Plus the fact that Teraflex is active on this this board and so helpful. Even if you are not interested in Teraflex products you should call Joe from Tera. He will talk to you about your options and what some of the difference between diferent systems is without cramming Teraflex products down your throat.

I think the Tera 3" fits 35s perfectly:

I will pepsi-challenge its flex and quality against any other short arm kit on the market:
I bought my Teraflex 3" with the front lower flex arms and the rear upper flex arms. That way I could adjust caster and pinion angle. Instead of the teraflex shocks I am running the old man emu HD ones. Also when I bought my lift I added the JKS adj. track bars front and rear. A couple months after putting the kit on my Jeep I added the other control arms (front upper and rear lower).

here is a thread about my lift.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/teraflex-3-old-man-emu-long-travels-73322/
Old 07-06-2009, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm trying to learn as much as possible as quickly as I can. You explained and showed a lot but it raised a lot more intricate questions about flex arms upper/lower....

Quick Reply: Suspension Lifts.