Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Suspension lift plus Body Lift?

Old 10-27-2013, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it's off topic, but could you take some close up pics of the front so I can see what gap there is with the body lift? I know the back bumper can be raised with a bracket.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nthinuf
It is personal preference, but I am not a fan of huge empty wheel well space. For 35's, a 2.5" suspension lift and a body lift will look good. Or a 2.5" suspension lift, no body lift, and chopped flares would look good. 2.5" + BL + chopped flares needs 37's filling the empty space.
X2 2.5 suspension and a 1.25 bodyl lift with flats looks great with 37s
Old 10-27-2013, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by eschber
Nice looking rig. Did you cut the fenders yourself? I was thinking about doing that but a little nervous. Never done it before.
Yeah I cut them myself, I was nervous too, I took my time and cut alittle at a time. I watched a few videos and read a lot before getting to it, i kinda took the best of what I saw. I used part of the cut off part to fill the gap left after cutting the staock fender flares Also I added rubber flaps that cover the body gap from the BL.

Last edited by Halfpint; 10-27-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:28 PM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	JK_fender_before.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	515757Click image for larger version

Name:	JK_fender_after.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	515758
Originally Posted by Halfpint
Yeah I cut them myself, I was nervous too, I took my time and cut alittle at a time. I watched a few videos and read a lot before getting to it, i kinda took the best of what I saw. I used part of the cut off part to fill the gap left after cutting the staock fender flares Also I added rubber flaps that cover the body gap from the BL.

Here's the before and after.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Halfpint
Any more info on those rubber flaps? pics?
Old 12-09-2013, 01:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

To keep it or remove is entirely a personal choice. Install your lift and if you like how it sits and performs keep it. If you want it to sit lower remove it. I suspect you would opt to keep it myself. Post up pictures with whatever you decide.

Quick Reply: Suspension lift plus Body Lift?